Turnout exhaust

Bigjaype

I'll eat Sonny's sandwich...
Ride
R1200GS
So, after my beautiful Viking exhaust was damaged in my recent spill...I've been looking at options.

I really like the turnout design but couldn't find one except the Dave Platt shotguns. For my taste they still stick out too far.

In order to get back on the road whilst I weigh my options, I bought a generic turnout from a local accessory shop, modified it to allow more gas to move and have to say, I'm please how it looks.

I like how it doesn't point outwards like almost every other exhaust system for the non touring rockets.

I'm thinking of one of these on each side will look pretty cool in 3".

Attachments

• TR1.jpg
    TR1.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 15
  • TR2.jpg
    TR2.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 14
Looks loud.
Surprisingly, not! I thought it would be very loud. But, compared to the Viking exhaust that was on there before, there isn't much difference. I think it's a little more restrictive. The decel popping I was experiencing from 2000 rpm and lower only starts at 1500 now.

Last edited:
So, after my beautiful Viking exhaust was damaged in my recent spill...I've been looking at options.

I really like the turnout design but couldn't find one except the Dave Platt shotguns. For my taste they still stick out too far.

In order to get back on the road whilst I weigh my options, I bought a generic turnout from a local accessory shop, modified it to allow more gas to move and have to say, I'm please how it looks.

I like how it doesn't point outwards like almost every other exhaust system for the non touring rockets.

I'm thinking of one of these on each side will look pretty cool in 3".

Here is another one.
US $57.67 with free delivery
1x New Exhaust Muffler Pipe Three-outlet Tail Pipe For Motorcycle Exhaust System 6996936398486 | eBay

Motorcycle 38-51mm Exhaust Pipe Dual-outlet Stainless Steel Left Side Modified
Motorcycle 38-51mm Exhaust Pipe Dual-outlet Stainless Steel Left Side Modified 7392468174083 | eBay

Last edited:
Back