turbo made in sweeden

Turbo

I agree that the air intake needs to be moved to a cooler clean air location for efficiency purposes. I would also wonder about taking in so much hot air when the cooling fan cycles for the radiator. How about rock or road debris hitting the intercooler:confused: I agree with Flip with one small acception...turbo's work really good on Super Stock pulling tractors....gotta luv em...:D
All that HP for a single rear tire:confused: One would have to go to the dark side to get the torque/HP to the ground as well as a custom made pair of wrist wraps like weight lifters use just to stay into contact with the grips.:rolleyes:
As for me...I will stay with my Dougl tuned Silver blaster with the nagging question in my mind being "What do I need more power for?" It's lonely out front... SB.

No pricing:eek: How unusual is that! Personally, when I look through a catalog of any sort that doesn't readily indicate pricing, it goes into the recycle bin immediately . If WallyWorld fails to post prices, I walk on by. If the grocery section doesn't provide comparable shopping (house brands/generics) and cost per ounce pricing, I walk out. But I ain't cheap:D

That is a nicely compact system; air breather otherwise. It'll look great when chromed.
I'm not thinking correctly about the differences between Turbo and Supercharger. I have
an idea of the better on demand system; but, someone please straighten me out. Careful there Flip.

I have three laying now that they're getting mash in lieu of free-ranging bug eating. The weather has wiped out the creepy crawlers and the one they do find occasionally is wrinkled from the drought. :)

Rocky: That's easy. A supercharger is PTO driven, that is, driven off the engine itself by a gear train, belt or some other parasitic means. A turbocharger is driven by exhaust gas flow through an involute casting which directs the exhaust gas over a turbine wheel. That wheel is coupled to a compressor which compresses the intake air. That act of compression also heats the intake air so a heat exchanger (charge air cooler) is employed to cool the intake air which makes it more dense. The main difference between an exhaust gas turbocharger and a parasitic supercharger is that the supercharger gives instantaneous boost while the turbocharger suffers from 'lag' which is the term used to describe the time it takes the turbine to achieve enough rpm's to drive the compressor section with enough speed to actually compress the charge air to more than atmospheric pressure. Both systems need an external supply of lubricating oil and when you boost the intake charge, it's harder on the engine internally simply because you are raising the theroitical compression ratio.

Flip click on turbos, bikes, rocket III.

B: I probably missed it because our Internet connection has been up and down like a yo-yo all afternoon.

Out of 8 turbo systems for the busa, MC xpress was rated the geto system..Jack

Jack: What the hell is a 'ghetto' system??

Last edited:
turbos

Jack: What the hell is a 'ghetto' system?? That just means the absolute minimum to make It work..Cheap blow offs and wastegates and fuel pressure regs..And you will probably blow It up before a high dollar kit..Jack

Back