TuneECU no TPS Green Light

Furthermore if there's no O2 sensor monitoring is it necessary to do a 12minute tune after resetting the adaptation?

I would do it...the engine needs to run for the ECU to see what it needs to do to set proper idle speed and so forth...o2 sensor or none. Anytime you adjust something electrical or with regard to airflow or fuel flow you change the baseline that the ECU sees and it will have to rethink things to get back to baseline. It will do this on it's own by riding around, but doing a 12 minute tune gets any iffy idle and running issues settled before you ride off.

Furthermore if there's no O2 sensor monitoring is it necessary to do a 12minute tune after resetting the adaptation?
It's reasonable to think so, but after reading opinions on both sides, I am inclined to agree with Rocketjohn on this.

Plus it gives you time to have a beer...

You've convinced me on the beer but re the bike, doesn't the O2 sensor form a closed loop system for the feedback and without it can it adapt in the same way?

Last edited:
You don't need a 12 min adaptation without the o2. The ISCV reset procedure is all that's required for the idle speed adjustment.

If o2 disabled, flash, cycle power, rider away. Has always worked for me.

I flashed a Hanso tune a couple months ago without issues. Last weekend I balanced the throttle bodies. Every time I had TuneECU connected the TPS light was green.

Then I "adjusted ISCV" and the green light is no more. I've tried the "reset adapation" button several times and a few 12 minute tunes without success.

It still runs great but occasionally, on start up, the check engine light blinks a few times until it gets warm. Should I reflash the tune?

I had the same issue for some time, then one day I down loaded the tune again, did all the resets and a few minutes into the 12 minute tune the green TPS light came on.
I can't say I noticed any difference wiht the light was on or off.

I flashed a Hanso tune a couple months ago without issues. Last weekend I balanced the throttle bodies. Every time I had TuneECU connected the TPS light was green.

Then I "adjusted ISCV" and the green light is no more. I've tried the "reset adapation" button several times and a few 12 minute tunes without success.

It still runs great but occasionally, on start up, the check engine light blinks a few times until it gets warm. Should I reflash the tune?[/QUOTE

I have to ask.... you have the O2 sensor abled or disabled?

Well I guess that throws the .... abled it will turn green.... disabled it will not turn green theory out the door.

You have the O2 box checked as in it's "on"?

Back