Make sure you pull the fuse for the headlight and I would recommend having a battery charger connected to the bike.

Once connected download the present soft and save it then upload the new software.

Take a look at this. first.

Oh and put the headlight fuse back in before starting the bike.
Hi Billy ....... just to say thankyou for this info ...... found it really useful ...... have now downloaded a HansO map into the bike ...... took her for a run and she’s running really nice ....... thanks again Billy

I'll keep looking too. So far it's not working for me and I successfully used it on my 07 Classic. I've downloaded the the latest program/software, the directions and have two tunes, one by HansO. One of Power-Tripps directions is to download the key and I simply cannot find how to do that. Perhaps it's in the directions file.

To me one of the oddities is that it just downloads in a zip file, unlike most programs which give the option to run or save. It's as if it has no .exe function. My Windows computer tells me I can't execute a .dll file, whatever that is.

Within the zip file are two folders, one that shows the TuneEcu version and another _MACSOX which when opened seems to duplicate the other folder in that it shows the program/version title but contains other extensions. So I'm still stumped. I have the TORs, the cable, Ram Air in a box. I'm almost all dressed up but with no place to go from here.

I'll keep looking too. So far it's not working for me and I successfully used it on my 07 Classic. I've downloaded the the latest program/software, the directions and have two tunes, one by HansO. One of Power-Tripps directions is to download the key and I simply cannot find how to do that. Perhaps it's in the directions file.

To me one of the oddities is that it just downloads in a zip file, unlike most programs which give the option to run or save. It's as if it has no .exe function. My Windows computer tells me I can't execute a .dll file, whatever that is.

Within the zip file are two folders, one that shows the TuneEcu version and another _MACSOX which when opened seems to duplicate the other folder in that it shows the program/version title but contains other extensions. So I'm still stumped. I have the TORs, the cable, Ram Air in a box. I'm almost all dressed up but with no place to go from here.
Hi there ....... if you send me your email ..... I will send you over the tuneecu software that I had when I bought the cable ...... it installs with no issues and is the latest version ..... hope this helps

Hi there ....... if you send me your email ..... I will send you over the tuneecu software that I had when I bought the cable ...... it installs with no issues and is the latest version ..... hope this helps

I will do that. It will be interesting to see if the zip files are the same. I downloaded the program, deleted it when I saw the issues and downloaded it again from the TuneECU site. There must be something I am missing or doing wrong. I just don't know what it is and unfortunately I don't know anyone in our area who could stop by and walk me through it.

I appreciate the offer to assist and will PM you my email address.

I will do that. It will be interesting to see if the zip files are the same. I downloaded the program, deleted it when I saw the issues and downloaded it again from the TuneECU site. There must be something I am missing or doing wrong. I just don't know what it is and unfortunately I don't know anyone in our area who could stop by and walk me through it.

I appreciate the offer to assist and will PM you my email address.
No worries mike ........ I will send you the file and with it a step by step instruction of what i did to make it a successful install .... kind regards lee

Mike I just read some of this. And thought I'd ask a couple questions. Are you unzipping the file? After you unzip to say a tune ecu folder on your desk top and you open that folder you should have two folders

upload_2018-1-20_7-30-0.png

I have never opened or used the Mac folder as I do not own a MAC computer.
anyway if you open the other tune ecu folder do you have theses goodies ?

upload_2018-1-20_7-32-23.png

If so good the only thing you need to work with in this folder is the tune ecu icon and any map you save here. the TUNE library and DS folders should stay as they are used by the tune ecu program. You never have to click on them at all.

If this works then we can work on linking up to the bike. If your cable will. As for driver install stuff well I am about as good with computer stuff as a rock is at treading water :D

OH and the newest computer I have is VISTA :)

Back