Hello mate, I’m on steep learning curve here, they have emailed me a user name and password to use the key? So as long as I can get the TTS map onto it and it doesn’t get seized by customs fingers crossed I should be back on the road.

Hello mate, I’m on steep learning curve here, they have emailed me a user name and password to use the key? So as long as I can get the TTS map onto it and it doesn’t get seized by customs fingers crossed I should be back on the road.
Sounds like you have it sorted

Andy, welcome from Maine, Captain,:) did you get things resolved, must have, as the posts stopped, anyway how do you like the supercharger?

Hoopla

Andy, welcome from Maine, Captain,:) did you get things resolved, must have, as the posts stopped, anyway how do you like the supercharger?

Hoopla
Hi, yes, the instructions were a bit vague and showed the torque setting for the main pulley bolt the be much lower than the recommended 100 ft/lbs. this allowed the pulley to work loose and snap off the bolt.
I had to drill out and retap the crankshaft thread. With the help of TTS sending new guide and bolt. A bit more to the story I can post some more if you are interested.

Definitely interested. :thumbsup:
Well, I had it tuned by TTS on their Dyno. Richard did a good job and got 288bhp and 231ft/ lb of torque out of it. It idled well at TTS. It rained all the way home and I had a bit of trouble keeping it going as traffic was bad. Clutch was difficult as stronger springs fitted with the kit. Kept cutting out at low revs. When I got home and dried out I adjusted the idle on the grub screw. Still trouble when shutting the throttle. So removed the secondary butterfly valves, much better.
Still not satisfied so took it to a different Dyno technician? He made the idle and slow running more manageable. So ok in slow traffic.
Only thing is I’ve lost a few horses and torques, 220bhp and 200ft/lbs left. Still greaving the loss. Still pulls your arms off though.

Wow, are we comparing apples to apples -- 288bhp and 231 ft/lb vs 220bhp and 200 ft/lbs ???

With all you have invested in the project, I'd be mighty concerned about that delta.

Wow, are we comparing apples to applesas -- 288bhp and 231 ft/lb vs 220bhp and 200 ft/lbs ???

With all you have invested in the project, I'd be mighty concerned about that delta.
It’s more manageable now so happy with that. Still pulls like a train. Exceleration is still good and goes as fast as you need to with the cruiser style. But I can see me going back to TTS before long.

288bhp and 231 ft/lb vs 220bhp and 200 ft/lbs ???

Probably a lot to do with the 2 different dynos and who owns one of them :roll:

@AndyH did you guys remove the idle stepper motor like the good TTS instructions say to do?

If not, since you have Tuneboy now (?) can you hook it up and do an ISCV reset (threads on here how to)

If yes and if no, TuneBoy up while running, see what you throttle balance numbers are?

Last edited:
Probably a lot to do with the 2 different dynos and who owns one of them :roll:

@AndyH did you guys remove the idle stepper motor like the good TTS instructions say to do?

If not, since you have Tuneboy now (?) can you hook it up and do an ISCV reset (threads on here how to)

If yes and if no, TuneBoy up while running, see what you throttle balance numbers are?
I couldn’t work out how to use the Tuneboy or tuneecu. So I now take it to people with Dyno’s and the knowledge to set it up. TTS Richard said only need to disconnect if the idle starts to race. I don’t have this problem. The last tech that I went to set up the lower end of the Rev range very smooth so no problem running at sensible speeds now. Riding with a group is easy. Speed is good as well. Just the Dyno power readings are lower.

Back