There is nothing optional from Triumph related to the final drive gear ratio. What you see is what you get. The older models weren't serviceable also. At least Triumph gave no instructions or parts list for the internal components. Some fellows have pulled them apart to replace seals but the posts for final drive internal workings are few... Not sure about the new Rocket 3s but am guessing they're non optional also...

Thanks, I was hoping to find out there were aftermarket suppliers of alternative gearing.
'Perhaps after more TTS kits are on the road someone will start making these.
Do you do top speed runs? 177 is really moving.

With forward pegs it takes a concentrated effort to keep my left foot on the peg at top speed.

Wouldn’t changing gearbox ratios be a workaround to doing the final drive?

By changing out the final gearing.....instead of covering a 1/4 mile in 3 gear changes......use all 5...keep motor in sweet spot of torque.....same with gearing for top end....not so much for ultimate speed, but 20 percent overdrive....won,t notice it off the line....just think of a 20 percent overdrive....better than a 6 speed trans....we already have the torque.

Richard do you know any gear shops that would like to take on the challenge of re-gearing the final drives for both old and new Rockets ? I for one would like a different final drive gearing.

Back