Triumph Troubles?

denforent

.020 Over
MITCHCPC - Thanks for sharing. Thanks goodness I haven't heard the "paint can rattle" sound from my 08 TR3T - was this noise specific to just the TR3 & Classic and do you think Triumph has eliminated the problem? On another note, is anyone else having a devil of a time with their fuel guage on the Touring? Mine is out to lunch most of the time and I've decided to never let it get down to under 15 miles to go before empty reading on the digital readout. The guage seems to take forever to register after filling up. ALSO, has anyone experienced a "throwout bearing" sound with the bike in neutral and clutch disengaged? Mine kinda rattles but it goes away when I pull the clutch in. And lastly, I'm having a very difficult time getting the bike into neutral - is it just English Engineering (in other words, is anyone else suffering on this issue?) Is there a known fix? Please don't say it's an adjustment because I just got the bike out of 10,000 service. ;-)

Can't speak fro the R3T, but the tranny on a R3 makes noise when you chunk it into 1st.
But gets better with time, in the meantime, DON'T second guess yourself.
You bought the BEST, it takes a little getting use to.
It's different than anything else, not worse, different, but in a very good way.
Ride it and don't worry about what "might" happen.
Have fun.

The fuel delivery system is the fundamental difference on the R3Touring. The base engine is the same.

Tranny sounds vary widely. Be sure, to begin with, you have the clutch cable adjustment correct. The question of; shifting into neutral has often been raised. A fresh oil change, a minimal break-in period, and other disastrous causes have been attributed to an inability to find neutral:eek:.

The accuracy of the fuel gages problems are apparently, after hearing of your R3T issue, not resolved.

Take it back and ask for coverage for all your complaints.

Last edited:
Finding neutral, is a matter of feeliiinnngggs. As a liberal you surely know what that is. :D Just kiddinnng.
In the R3 tourING which is the same engine across the spectrum, aside from hombre and his kind:D (those with money). Whether aspirating her or force feeding, the FBG raw power all comes from the same heart of the beast.
Cheap efforts to save a penny here or there, at times have lead to an occasional issue; but at the end there is no greater projectile than the Triumph Rocket III Inline 2300 I-3 engine. She's the Fat Bottomed Girl, *****'n for Fights!

Last edited:
Back