Triumph invest in UK R&D as volume production moves to Thailand

Say what you will, but when women do assembly, there are fewer manufacturing errors, hence lower warranty claims or returns, and lower overall costs. This played out in spades in World War II production lines. And continues today in Asian electronics and garment manufacture.

The Rolls Royce Merlin engine used in the 51 Mustang aircraft is one example where this was certainly true. At one point these engines were made in repurposed Packard auto plants in America and the statistics for quality improvement along with production output by going to an all-women labor force was incredible.

You think your iPhone is built in the USA?
Clearly states “Designed in Cupertino, California.” They are all made by Foxcon in China.

and by the way, fortunately Triumph is producing outside UK, otherwise and as a consequence of their decision to leave Europe, the R3 would have probably resulted too expensive due to the new "Brexit" taxes...

and by the way, fortunately Triumph is producing outside UK, otherwise and as a consequence of their decision to leave Europe, the R3 would have probably resulted too expensive due to the new "Brexit" taxes...
Scare mongering...no deals and certianly NO taxes. Lets not jump the gun and start supposing..

Can't fault Thai production. Toyota went there twenty (?) years back and it's always been at least as good as their home output.

Hopefully ! But personally (just for the feeling for the time being), I would have preferred Triumph to relocate their production in Europe e.g. in Poland similarly to what Polaris/Indian did (and I believe also Harley as a result of the "Trump taxes").
https://www.bizjournals.com/milwauk...motorcycles-sold-in-europe-to-be-made-in.html

Looks like Triumph producing in Thailand is not an exception, on the contrary...:

Nowadays, there are 7 motorcycle manufacturers in Thailand with total capacity of production at 3 million units per year. They are Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki, Kawasaki, BMW, Triumph and Ducati. (and Harley D. on-going).

Thailand Motorcycles Market - Data & Facts 2020 | MotorCyclesData

Thailand is new motoring powerhouse - Motorbike Writer
Being a little bit older these days and understanding how the world really works, I wish my new Rocket 3R was actually put together in Great Britain! Not because they can't do a great job elsewhere but because it's an English company and Global economy be ****ed, I'd pay more for it! That being said I'm just a customer who can't wait to get his new R to ride!!! WooooHooooooo,,,,,,,,,

Being a little bit older these days and understanding how the world really works, I wish my new Rocket 3R was actually put together in Great Britain! Not because they can't do a great job elsewhere but because it's an English company and Global economy be ****ed, I'd pay more for it! That being said I'm just a customer who can't wait to get his new R to ride!!! WooooHooooooo,,,,,,,,,

Yes and with 0 risk to be contaminated by a coronavirus...:oops:

Back