Transmission Woes

20210322_201834.jpg
It looks good, sorry, seems you may have kicked cirlip off the 3rd or 4th gear,

What year and mileage ?
2005, 25k miles. It may be worth noting that about 15 minutes prior to closing the transmission I popped into neutral to free up both hands for a moment while going about 35. I pulled the clutch back in and went to shift to second (actually, I may have skipped to third given my speed), but I got a lot of clicking/card in a bicycle tire but with metal instead of shifting. Slowed down and tried again, and I got into second.

Last edited:
Was it jumping out of 2nd gear on hard acceleration prior to this? If so, then that is important to know because that is a certain sign of the need for the update kit.
If by that you mean it would do that clicking thing and bump back down, then yes. Here and there.

You leave the engine where it is and pull the rest of the bike off it. Easiest way is to lift from front and back because you will need to tilt the back up to lift it off. Reasonably easy job with one person if you set it up correctly.

btw, I assume you have the manual, but if not then download it from my signature link.

Back