Transmission went south

Go big or go home, lol, build that thing bud your dream bike, neville will get you some cams and pistons and with r-111-turbo stroker and 6th it will be the baddest n/a rocket in america, you can do it if anybody can and then i will follow your lead, me and my son want to do this together and learning from you doing it will just make it easier. You got this, SUPER X sounds gooooood

You make a good point. My concern is reliability. I have built super Harleys in the past that are only good for about 20,000 miles. When I rebuild the X not if mind you i need some reliability for the next 50,000 miles plus. If the man in the tin shed can work with R-III and give me the reliability for 50,000 miles i am game. Would like nothing better then to shut up the bull on here about the new Rocket. You have to remember i am not a weekend rider. I ride every day.

Forth gear is gone. Just spent about $700.00 dollars on maintenance parts from Hermy"s. Looks like am getting ready to spend a lot more. Will shift easy from first to second. No problem shifting into third. Going into forth different story. Grind to the max. Got her home riding in third gear. Not going to work today. Called in and really disappointed. Have a good idea am going to be pulling the motor and split the cases. Any input on what went wrong would be appreciated. Phone number to Robertson transmission folks would be appreciated. Might as well get the gears cut. Looks like am fixing to get very busy.
that sucks sonny; my 2014 white stripes is getting near 40k miles i baby shift it i know with the tranny its not matter of if but when..

Sent R-III Three a PM. Cash in hand. Already had the guys come out to build a shed. Wife called them. She said your in no shape to build but I love you and do not want to see you working out in the cold. This stuff is going to happen one way or the other. No 74 is not going to die. My heart dropped This morning as I shifted into forth. Yes I had tears in my eyes. My dream bike took a major dump. Either way I feel it is time to build. No i am not going to send the bike or engine out to get build. I will follow the advice of The Man in The Tin Shed and R-III and build the dream bike. Proper tools and money is not a problem. TO BE A ROCK AND NOT TO ROLL

Anything neville sets you up with will be reliable and an unmatched torque flatline. Not a race bike but a rideable beast that definitely can race when you want it too. I hope you enquire of him im so interested in stroking a lush motor, but whatever you decide its gonna be awesome and so fun to watch you do it.

It will be a R-III kit with a Man in the tin shed spin. Folks set back and watch. No 74 may be down but not for long. The guys my Wife called this morning are breaking grounds on the shed. She saw my tears this morning as i came through the door. She has never seen me cry in 20 Years. My Dad Just showed up. He Drank a beer with me and said what is next. Told him "Time to Build" He looked at my wife and said " He Will Top It" Lets do it folks. Enough of crying in your beer. Lush and R-III lets build a bike.

Screw it. At 68,000 ready for a rebuild. Was thinking and looking for another Rocket three to build but now figuring on just rebuilding the X. Wife says your going to need a shed for this project. I agree. So is the world ready for the a super X? Yes R-III-Turbo I subscribed to your vids and like very much what i saw. Matter of fact watched them all. Your one very intelligent individual. My question to you R-III-Turbo is how will your system work with Lush street cams and Ramair along with Paul's three into one exhaust? Forgot to mention Your 2.5 liter stroker kit with a six speed.

The 2.5L Stroker made approx 10% more power and 12.5% more torque, both from idle to redline. It did this by virtue of more cubic inches.
Ime it will apply that % increase to whatever the motor has already.

With that in mind, I'd expect something similar from a Lush motor for example, i.e. what was 250hp/200ftlb in a 2.3L should be around 270hp/225ftlb in a 2.5L stroker. Nobody knows for sure, it hasn't been done yet....

Maybe @Neville Lush might drop in and educate us.

Last edited:
Guess we will be the first. Screw the yuppies' on the new Rocket. Lets work together on this. Have you every heard of the bird that rose from the ashes. Wife and dad just left the house. They have never seen me like this. My dad looked at my wife and said " in all the years have never seen him this upset" I want this bad. Been looking at all the new bikes and they are a joke. Turn a bad thing into something that is good. You all give the parts and your expertise and i will build it here in Henryetta Oklahoma. Money is no object. I just want to turn the nuts and screws with both you and the man in the tin shed.

Back