Transmission issue?

Attachments

• 16175905482721785757236503483688.jpg
    16175905482721785757236503483688.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 14
I think u r going the wrong way
U need to move (at lower setting)
The upper nut up to where it was at then move the lower nut up till the slack is gone then if there is to much play adjust the upper by loosing the nut and rotate the adjuster out (counter clockwise till y have 2-3mm.

I think u r going the wrong way
U need to move (at lower setting)
The upper nut up to where it was at then move the lower nut up till the slack is gone then if there is to much play adjust the upper by loosing the nut and rotate the adjuster out (counter clockwise till y have 2-3mm.
Wait... What? Wrong way??
Darn...
I guess that's what happens when doing this kind of stuff late in the evening...

2 to 3 mm and its sweet, a penny and a dime works, or a feeler gauge.
So I am back at it and I now have some slack in there.
I'll need to fire it up and see where the sweet spot is. Any words of wisdom on that?
the adjustment at case should not be maxed out to one end, when you pull lever make sure youre not flexing in that adjustment screw at case bracket.

Something like this, get you some adjustment in your feral at handle, you have it bottomed out, get you some threads (adjustment) at the top, and close to center one way or other on braket at case, dont give up it will be right and then you can keep it right. hopefully no damage has been done and if you get clutch adjustment correct you will know if youre ok or not.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 17
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
translation
on bottom turn the upper nut up 4 turns then move the bottom up till it tightens up
then loosen the top nut and back off that adjuster 4 1/4 turns at that point u will adjust for your free play 2-3mm.

Back