Traction Control Braking (faux ABS), anyone tried?

Bob R

Living Legend
Ride
2013 R3T
I have been looking at this to put on my R3T because I hit the year where ABS was only offered on either side. Although it is rare now, the rear is very easy to lock up on the R3T.

Has anyone tried one of these types of systems where you replace the banjo bolt on the brakes and has it really improved things if you did?

Thanks

bob

I have been looking at this to put on my R3T because I hit the year where ABS was only offered on either side. Although it is rare now, the rear is very easy to lock up on the R3T.
Has anyone tried one of these types of systems where you replace the banjo bolt on the brakes and has it really improved things if you did?
Thanks
bob

More info please, Bob.
Have a link?

Hi Bob

Thanks for the link I had been looking for these things for ages but lost the bookmark on my computer have asked in a previous post about them also.

Was going to put one on the rear brake only as that's the one you tend to panic stamp on in an emergency and I find mine locks quite easily.

This will not replace ABS, as this unlocks your brakes when the wheel senors detects you have locked it up then reapplies them when the wheel starts turning again giving that odd pulsing feeling, it does this quicker than you or I can think or react. These units effectively filter out that initial panic lock and give you time to re-apply the brakes. I think if you just kept all over the pedal or lever it would eventually lock up even with this unit.

In my opinion this may well be a good idea to filter out those "oh sh*t" braking moments and for the price if it doesn't work, take it off and forget about it.

Going to order one next week unless anyone else has tried them and found they are rubbish?....

Sleeves,

I think I will do the same thing. Rear only should work fine. I will add it to my list of winter projects for the bike. I need to get started, winter won't last forever. :)

bob

Thanks

bob

Save your money. Had one for years, can't detect any difference. It's a pulse damper, supposed to smooth over very small pressure pulses in the hydraulic system caused by minor irregularities in the contact faces of pads and disk..... theoretically those pulses can "grab" and lock up the disc when you are applying pressure which is just short of lockup.

Mind you, it won't do any harm and looks sexy and people can say "Gees mate, wassat...?"

Best anti-lock up device I know of is a (whisper) darkside tyre.....

i've seen some video on Youtube for these before and after on larger Harleys. you may want to see those. i was looking into a set for my honda until i got the R3T.

Back