tour tank, extended fuel tank mounted on sissy bar

REGULATOR

Turbocharged
Ride
2005 RIII
Although I want to rig up a belly or under seat tank, the easiest option is one of the tour tanks that mounts like a beer keg on the rear rack.
I can use quick disconnects on the fuel line and remove it when I'm not out on the longer trips... Only thing I'm worried about is perpetual wheelies!!!!
like this Link Removed

just need a big Rocket fuel sticker?
2.25 Gallon Tour Tank
(8-inches x 12-inches)
Aluminum Tank comes with:
Black Steel Brackets
Vented Cap
1/4NPT Threaded Outlet

3.5 Gallon Tour Tank DLX
(8-inches x 16-inches)
Aluminum Tank comes with:
Black Steel Brackets
Non-Vented Cap
Vent Tube in Filler Neck
1/4NPT Threaded Outlet
Internal Baffle

If I go this route, there is a hose that runs up and would be tapped into the stock tank..

again not 100% sure on how or what I will be doing.. I know what I want to do but don't have the $$ for the custom job it would take

REG,

That's a whole lot of weight up high on the back of the bike. If that tank doesn't have baffles in it to slow down the sloshing, you might end up in a ditch....

Low on the bike might be okay. At least then the sloshing would be minimized.

I am in the process of developing my own belly/ underseat tank, the sisy bar one woudl be a last resort in my book, It would really be a problem without a baffle...

If I finish my desing I have in mind it will be a quick and easy painless design that almost anyone can use... also would have applications for those wishing to remove there tank altogether ;);)

I have one that I bought for my Gold Wing but never put it on. It was 4.4 gallons, I believe, and came with interior baffles, painted black. It was to sit on the passenger seat and was bracketed to the passenger hand rails. It was supposed to give you an 11 gallon capacity (with the GW 6.6 gallon capacity), supposedly legal for Iron Butt runs. Since the original GW fuel tank was under the seat this additional fuel tank did not cause much in the way of "top heavy" problems.

I'll go out and get a picture of it tomorrow. Since I no longer have a GW, I probably ought to put it up for sale on ebay or something. Cost me $550 new and has never been used or installed.

It used a gravity feed line (never purchased, but easily available) from it to the top of the GW fuel tank.
Dennis

Last edited:
hmmm.... please send me some pis of the tank... I was lookign at smaller ones but if you set it on the back seat of the rocket and took a pic it would give me an idea of how big the tank really is.

Regulator, check out my post, I think it has been backed into the Accessories Forum topic area under "Extended fuel range tank".
Dennis

Last edited:
Back