Wow! I so appreciate all the replies! Amazingly the 9 breaks on 7 ribs don't bother me much, but the 1st week my collarbone w 2 breaks felt like a red hot poker if I moved it wrong. Now it's my left shoulder blade that's a bigger. But I know time heals all wounds. As for the bike I had my eye on near Charlotte, it just sold out from under me. So I'm looking again. My preference is a red touring 2014 or newer like mine which I do plan on buying back as a salvage bike. :) 20190306_114645.jpg Ideally I'd like the same color too. I really loved that bike
I wonder if your rear tire locked up on you.

So I was cleared to do a little wrenching and confirmed one of my several theories. Having been knocked out, I didn't remember much at 1st. But over time I've recalled more & more about what happened in the moments before going down. So, I accelerated away from the expressway ramp I had just gotten off. Slowed down some to check lanes to my left before cutting over. (It was clear but with cars approaching behind me) I leaned left and accelerated to move over the 2 lanes and as I was powered on to straighten up the bike, I believe the throttle grip broke. Power lost and the engine started breaking. Boom. My last thought was wtf?? and then, lights out.

I recall reading in the forums, about breaking throttle grips (mine are the heated grips but stopped working 15000 miles ago) and of course now I'm kicking myself for not changing mine out and buying a spare for ... just in case.

Perfect storm and day late & a dollar short come to mind. On the bright side I'm cleared to start riding again soon. So life is good!!
20200523_134823.jpg
:)

Back