Dide don't take this as some type of bike goddess ****s a plug at you. In fact don't think a darn thin until you dpend the 20 bucks or less on a sump gasketsl. And drop th puppy for a look see. If its just starting then your ahead of he game. Might think of spunking her up a bit. It's not much to fixing it with a Robinson's trans. Hmm some pistons and cams and well the heck with the low horsepower 2.5 liter triump

Dide don't take this as some type of bike goddess ****s a plug at you. In fact don't think a darn thin until you dpend the 20 bucks or less on a sump gasketsl. And drop th puppy for a look see. If its just starting then your ahead of he game. Might think of spunking her up a bit. It's not much to fixing it with a Robinson's trans. Hmm some pistons and cams and well the heck with the low horsepower 2.5 liter triump
And a blower - don't forget the blower!.

Where can I get this “update kit”. Is there a part # associated with it?

I hate to tell you this but I got the kit for the second gear slip. And all the other stuff done that was in the kit.

Cost for the last black kit in New Zealand
Was a $2500.00 plus the installation was another $3300.00 but I'm still riding the beast.

I do think that they have a silver motor kit in NZ.

I would have a go at picking @warp9.9 brains and follow his advice.

Thx warp, seems easy enough to drop the sump pan to have a look, whether it’s clean or not still have to try and make sure it is the bearing. I recently pulled the swing arm and drive shaft to service the splines and see if I could feel any play in that bearing but it’s pretty tight in there. Dropping that engine is a big job:thumbsdown:

Thx warp, seems easy enough to drop the sump pan to have a look, whether it’s clean or not still have to try and make sure it is the bearing. I recently pulled the swing arm and drive shaft to service the splines and see if I could feel any play in that bearing but it’s pretty tight in there. Dropping that engine is a big job:thumbsdown:
The good thing is if you drop the sump pan and there is no shrapnel laying around. You won't be riding down the road constantly thinking about it. Plus cleaner sump screen = easier scavenging the oil up to pump back to the tank..

Last edited:
while I'm waiting for the gasket, I'm planning the engine removal to replace the bearings, other than following the manual are there any tips or tricks out there that I should know about?

Pulled my sump cover, not as bad as the shrapnel warp had but there’s definite evidence of metal in there. Surprising amount of junk in there.
8AE74D02-7356-40D5-B0A4-1FAF825123C1.jpeg
6FA0D6F1-25A2-48AE-8D0E-800F11691A2C.jpeg
7BAB0814-62A3-4EF3-94A9-5C3C63F635AA.jpeg

Back