We have several owners of the new TFC models and I’ve not heard this version of the “truth”. Ok Art so you don’t like the bike so be it. I like mine a lot. I’m not a bit sad.:thumbsup:
YEP a nice bike but not what was promised by TRIUMPH they duped the public thats the truth

There is a lot more to enjoy about a bike in addition to its raw power or speed. I have only seen one prospective buyer put money down on a TFC and back out and that was Sonny. That's enough explanation.:D

I am glad to see other owners pleased with the purchase.
5 that I know backed out including myself STILL a nice bike but NOT the KING of the class

New Rocket 3 should hit around 178mph at the limiter in 6th (by my calculation only), this is assuming the speed limiter is raised accordingly, and that it has the power to overcome the wind resistance or is on a dyno.
THATS better but STILL not a world beater

Well put, well said. Variety is the spice of life. And I will leave it alone after saying that....
Anything exceeding a short burst north of 200 Kph is more pain than pleasure IMO so i don't really care about top speed. If i did i'd choose a bike with full fairing, possibly with at least two 'R' in the name :D

I have to agree with Art on this one. Triumph designed a cool bike with all the bells and whistles and the "largest and most powerful engine" of any production bike. Leaked photos but kept quiet about the hp/tqe numbers (must have been embarrassed by the low numbers). Love the bike but bummed about the engine performance. Most liter bikes have better numbers. Heck even the 2019 Toyota Rav has a new engine- 2.5L, 4 cylinder making 203 HP at 6600 RPM and 183 lbs torque @ 5000 RPM. This is with a single throttle, very restricted exhaust, and using regular octane gas. Come on Triumph, this expensive top end bike should at least match the power of the family's compact ute!

Yeah +1 on Art's sentiments, as tactless as he is :D

I am also one of those who put a (€1000) deposit all the way down on a TFC, after seeing the "leaked" pics of a Rocket that looked like what I always wanted my own to look like, and rumours about world beating performance, I was imagining a King Kong 2.5L sportbike spec engine which would embarrass the 200hp that modern sportbikes & hyper/sports tourers have.
In fact I was the first in this country to deposit, and as far as I could see, the first on these forums and fakebooks etc. That's how **** keen I was.

But then in May 2019 the bike spec came out. For such a special bike (talking primarily about the TFC still), they really let us down with the straight line performance. This size engine is capable of much more, and still be Euro 17 or whatever.
180hp was a bit underwhelming, but I threw the toys out of the pram when I saw the torque was the same as the old bike (and also much higher in the rpm).
This size bike is never going to handle or stop like a litre bike, but it easily had the potential to destroy them in acceleration and speed.
And they really missed the opportunity with the 6th gear, that was facepalm.com

Dealer had promised me TFC #111, but when push came to shove, they said they couldn't guarantee it, so that was the last straw and I bailed.
For a while I was worried for the future of the new Rocket, seemed that everyone was also pulling deposits from disappointment, but as it turns out it appears the new bike (across the 3 submodels) has sold quite well.

Seems we were led on or even blatantly lied to by Triumph, with the world beating performance and largest most powerful motorcycle engine etc etc.
Whatever about beating hypersportbikes, it should at least destroy its supposed classmates like the Diavel and the Vmax, but from the accounts I've seen, it comes 3rd in that race.
They lie a little about the engine size too, ok so it's forgivable to have 2500cc on the badge when it is in fact 2458cc (2.5L would be ok, because that is true). But it's ok as all manufacturers do it.

Anyway despite all this bad mouthing the Rocket 3, I still wish I had one, really.
By all accounts it is an excellent motorcycle.
But it's just not worth that much to me, right now at least. My plans involve the old Rocket III.

I'm super jealous of all you guys with a GT, R and especially the TFC. But I will take refuge in the fact that (wait for it...) MINE IS THE BIGGEST :D

upload_2020-4-15_13-58-53.jpeg

My vest:

Back-Patch.jpg

I guess if you can foresee being disappointed it is better to back out. The new bikes may not be beating up on the others in class but they are very fun to ride and I think they look better that the two others that are continually referenced.

Happy trails to all, both the lovers of the bike and those not enamored by it. If I ever get a chance to wind it out to top speed I’ll let you know.

Back