Top speed (gear limited)

You ain’t kidding about speed on a crowded road. The guys at the dealership told me about a guy they sold a new Rocket to that was going 130 on a crowded interstate in the city limits. He went through a pickup truck and was killed. He owned the bike three weeks. I’ll run my bike up through the gears wide open but I won’t hold it for very long. I usually let off around 125 or so.
Absolutely. I’ve had friends killed in really fast sports cars and motorcycles. Going really fast. I’ve done it, I don't anymore. I can’t think of any of my buddies that had the big fat tires and traction bars and did straight-line 0-135 really quick and ever died. It is just a different animal. I am way more comfy with 1/4 mile speeds.

Absolutely. I’ve had friends killed in really fast sports cars and motorcycles. Going really fast. I’ve done it, I don't anymore. I can’t think of any of my buddies that had the big fat tires and traction bars and did straight-line 0-135 really quick and ever died. It is just a different animal. I am way more comfy with 1/4 mile speeds.
My fastest speed was 165 mph in a Bentley GTC with the top down. That's a one and done.

Back