The Search feature up on the tool bar is your friend. Yes, lots of threads on tire choices. There's even an entire forum section on using car tires.

There are many Captains using the Bridgestone 240/55 and many other that have gone to the Dark Side (car tires).

btw, welcome to the site.

I'm very happy with the Bridgestone 240/55.. It does sit noticeably taller, but not bad at all. I also run a Bridgetone Excedra on the front, it is the OEM tire for some year of the Honda GoldWing. It's not V-rated.. but since I rarely ever hit and stay at 130+ MPH, I don't see a problem in running it. Tire life MUCH better than the Metzeler or Avon.

I'm getting double mileage out of the Bridgestone 240/55 over the Metz and 50% better than Avon. There's a couple of threads specifically discussing the the Bridgestone. Great tyre and I won't be using anything else given current options.

Cal me weird but I put motorcycle tyres on my motorcycle and car tyres on my car. Go figure. :rolleyes:

Welcome by the way.

Welcome to the forum. You'll save the most money going with a car tire. It's a personal choice. I changed my last Metzeler in 2008 for a $125.00 car tire and am still on the same tire today. I average 7,000 miles/year (minimum). Do the math. Since I bought the tire at a tire dealer they mounted it for free. I just handed them the wheel. I balance my own tires (I use a static balancer). When I used the Metz I averaged one rear tire/year. Now I change 4 fronts to every rear........:D

Back