throttle combo tried???

rusty

Turbocharged
Ride
2005 Rocket III
Hey guys (and gals), has anyone put the Throttle Meister on their unit along with Kuryakyn grips? I know that the Kuryakyn grips need special attention to get them on the handlebars completely (they are deeper/longer than stock), but are they compatible? I don't what to pull another $$$$ spending error by buying the Throttle Meister & not being able to use it with the custom grips I have (I bought the accessory outlet only to find it's "size" is unique to the Triumph accessories only, so no use for it).

Thanks all, and "See ya".

Hey Rusty, your best bet would be to find a local guy with a Throttlemeister installed and invite him over to your house. Have a 6 pack ready of his favorite brew and then take them off seeing if it is possible to mount to your bike. :bch:

Most likely a good call VB. I'm not certain, short of another Captain, how I would find someone with the Throttle Meister on a unit.

Maybe another response will shed some light on this issue. Thanks!

I've got a throttlemiester on my bike you are more than welcome to try it on yours, it comes off pretty easy. But it'll take more than a six pack to get me drunk; I'm not a cheap date.

You've got it Pig9r, you are just the captain I'm looking for. We'll get together sometime before August (Sturgis trip) & see what it takes to make it work. I was hoping that Raymond could schedule a weekend where we (those of us that could arrange it) could get together & assist each other in putting on our new bling. I've got a few things I need to install & it would be a real blast doing it with other Captains offering advice, and another cold beer to replace the previously empty one. I think that would make for a great day, or weekend. Think of it, couple hundred thou $$$$ worth of Rockets in a single driveway.

See ya.

Bring your shims... I have a feeling that will be the key. I have a Throttlemiester also and it took a little fiddling to get it right with the stock grips. I figure this should be about a half an hour job but with beer involved make it four hours :D.

We could fly Vonbonds out for the weekend :bch:

Great idea getting together to put some bling on the bikes Rusty. And even a better idea to get Vonbonds out here for a weekend! But he is a newlywed! Weather forcast is pretty rainy for this week, maybe next weekend. I'll post something on the KC riders forum.

GREAT Raymond. I'll plan on trailering my Rocket down & spending some time. How much, I'm not sure but we'll see how it all plays out. Hopefully some other Captains could attend & suck some suds, give advice, turn a wrench, poke fun, etc. Maybe Pianoman could think of a fitting song to sing for us on such an occation, & Tomo could lay some cat stories on us to laugh about. Pig9r surely would be good for something, don't you think?

I'd love to dedicate a decent amount of time to the Rocket. It's always a half hour here, fifteen minutes there. Not much gets done when approached like that.

Hey, Vonbonds, I've got a "dollar-three-eighty-five" to put towards a ticket so you could come join us. Everyone surely would welcome you.

See ya.

OH YEA, if I bring along anything to drink and share, it'll be Hamm's! From the land of sky blue water (and a cheap man's drink, $10 a 30 pack).

Last edited:
ThrottleMeister bolt too short

I don't have the setup you're inquiring about and have had the same question.

I don't believe it will work without a further mod, though minor. Unless the Kury'n grips can be shoved onto the bars that extra length:confused: I guess that's the ultimate question.
I anxiously await the outcome of the KC TM beer fest:bch:

The end caps on the Kury'n are affixed with 3 small allen head screws, are they not? As you know, the original bar ends are attached to a center threaded keeper inside the bar end. The TrottleMeisters (TM) attach in the same single bolt manner. The added length of the Kury grips will necessitate a similarly longer like threaded center allen head bolt to add the TMs, will it not. If the Kury grips don't go on far enough and a longer center bolt is required, good luck on a good appearance bolt match.

Back