Thinking of Selling....

bonecarver

Supercharged
Ride
2011 R3T- Jardines / RamAir / PCV/AT
Guys looking for some thoughts on a price for my Tourer. I am considering selling her in order to purchase some vacation property. Only put 2000 miles on the bike all season this year and as much as we love her, we are thinking a few acres out in the country for retirement is what we would rather have....

The bike is a 2011 Limited Edition Tourer. 7500 miles, Has all the goodies Triumph put on it driving lights, engine guard, tall windshield, Foot pegs on engine guard, driver back rest, etc... I also added the Jardine Exhaust system, Power Commander 5, and Auto tune, new tires at 5500 miles.

I looked up the retail value on Line which was @$14,000....

Looking for some realistic ideas on what to ask for it should if come down to selling her...

Bath

Yes I have the same bike, minus the jardines in Black and White. The problem is, bikes like any vehicle, depreciate the most in the first couple of years. I am lucky in that I won't sell mine. At 59 years old it will be my last bike.

You would do best if you put the bike on EBAY with a reserve YOU feel comfortable with. Also, the Bike Trader is a Good deal. For $69.00 you get nine pictures and the ad will "run till it sells."

Good luck!

Curt, I can't help you re the price at all give the vast difference between US and Australian prices. And I'm not going to say "don't do it" because I know it's a tough decision for you, and I understand your reasoning. The only thing I'd say is that you will be wearing the biggest drop in value on the bike and over the next few years it's value will level off and not drop all that much further. But new ones will continue to increase. If you sell now you may find you can't or won't buy another down the track. Guess what I'm saying is that I hope you can find a way to keep it, especially given the way you've unlocked so much of its potential. At least it will make it easier to sell. All the best mate, either way.

To maximize your sale put the bike back to 100% stock. Sell the parts on the side....the fact is that a part on the bike is only worth 30-40 cents on the dollar. If you pull it you should be able to get upwards of 60-70 cents.

That's correct of course. Your mods won't add much value but could help someone choose your bike over another and clinch a sale more quickly. Depends on what's driving you.

thanks for the thoughts and ideas guys, I guess the driving force will be the cost of whatever property we might find. I am hoping that we can find something we like without downsizing to be able to afford it. I'm 56 and this will most likely be my last bike as well.
I hope that if I must sell it, it will be to someone like the guy that bought my VTX, who appreciated all the performance mods.

Comon' you guys. 50+ and your already talking about your last bike ? I'm 53 and plan on wearing out 2 or 3 more bikes, even if I have to switch to a trike.

65 next week and looking at a Ducati. Unfortunately, like those lithe 20 somethings, only just looking. Hard to say which would hurt me more.

Fivebikes

I'm on my fifth new bike since I retired. I like my Rocket and no, it will be the last. If and when I sell it I will by a new Toyota FJ Cruiser 4X4 for my rides.

Back