The times they are a’changin...

Do voltage leaks stain the floor?

Seriously, they will need to get the prices down. Harley softail and touring people won't consider them "real" harleys (ala vrod). People who like that kind of bike have no love for Harley. Will be interesting to see how it plays out. Methinks they recognized a market change a little late.

I like the look of that Street Fighter but that Pan America is deathly ugly. That said they'll be a bunch of the new youngers think it is supper cool.:confused:

Without a loyalty to Harley attitude it will be tough to attract the new younger and less affluent riders.

younger and less affluent riders.

Bingo! A big problem with Harleys, they ain't cheap, probably part of the reason most Harley riders are older. Triumphs are probably a lot more affordable for younger riders.

This story was carried in today's Wall Street Journal under the heading "Smaller bike for new riders"

Sales declining last three years, so far this year sales off 6.4% from a year earlier.

I like the look of that Street Fighter but that Pan America is deathly ugly. That said they'll be a bunch of the new youngers think it is supper cool.:confused:

Without a loyalty to Harley attitude it will be tough to attract the new younger and less affluent riders.

With a few tweaks the PanAm version could be a potentialy sold to commercial and government customers, but don't see it attracting girls on a bike night

My own .02...

If they stop all motorcycle development tomorrow, I could care less, the Motor Company can jump off a cliff with their hipster left-over, me too, money grab bikes. No Erik Buell, no real sportbike. HD had THE premiere sportbike designer on their payroll and they bent him over to give him his pink slip, followed by a swift kick in the arse.

Between the R3R, H2, and H2SX, I have every possible riding need I could want met.

I have a problem, It’s a serious first world problem but:

Frankly, if a bike doesn’t or can’t easily be modified to make 200+whp I’m just not interested. I don’t care how refine, how unique, how quirky, or how it looks.

If it’s a tird when I twist the throttle...I’m out.

Consider this:
Ever wonder why Ducati always make a second fiddle to their Halo bike eg 1299-899, V4-959 etc etc
How about MV Augusta and KTM same relationship, they always make a second fiddle bike.

Usually their price is only slightly lower, but for most brands they position a bike in the 120-140 HP area and call it a “balanced package” or some such drivel.

It’s because that’s what people want, most people don’t actually want a bike that seriously scares them. A bike that you sometimes get this weird gut feeling saying “No, not today, today is full of bad Omens”.

THOSE bikes, which sometimes give that feeling, those are the ones I consider....and nothing else, the rest are pretenders.

PS: I know I’m a nutter, fully aware :p

Back