The Texas Mikle

Part of the rules:

OVERRUN Beyond the Shutdown - Oops !!!
If you cannot SAFELY make the right turn to the return road,

do not worry. You still have serviceable overrun. KEEP IT STRAIGHT!!! Spinning to scrub speed is never a
good idea. The surface of the overrun beyond the end is SOLID (old pavement) but the surface is ROUGH.
Sideways off the end is also not a good idea. This “paved but rough” overrun is about another
¼ mile; then

you will see cones in a Vee pattern intended to “funnel” you to a dirt road through the trees for about another
¼ mile. If you have not stopped by then, you will be at the highway. You now have a choice: find something to
hit or keep going until you get to town. When you do finally stop,
TURN OFF YOUR MASTER

SWITCH/IGNITION!!!

at my first glance at the rules it looks likt the Ohio mile is a little mor elax on tire ratings. or altleast with a signed waver they will let you run W rated tires in the 200 mph range where the Texas mile requires Y rated. Other then that finding shave tires might really be my problem. I want to try the Ohio mile in May but adapting the safety measure this winter while the Millenium Falcon is in Space Dock will be the challange. Especailly the steering dampener since I do not want to raise my handle bars for the scots dampener. Hopefully I can rig a mount up on the left side as I think my intercooler might be in the way on the right side. I suppose I coud go with just the radiator, but one must ask why when you can run her harder with a intercooler? 200 mph naked club has always been my goal anything after that would just be a bonus.
I would like to see Triumph there with me especially Elana Meyers she is a pretty hot thing on the race tracks.

It sucks going it alone but hey there are not many people up there in the speed zone I ride in anyway. We shall see as broke up as I am there is not to many balistic riding years left!!!!!

Hey Scott, I'll go with you to Ohio for moral / tech support, identify the body, anything you need ! Let me know, Fred

Thanks Fred I will definetly keep that in mind:D

The wifey is a little negative about it. I am not sure if she is worried about me killing myself or whether I should get another large insurance policy :)

Warp, you have to have the bike set up by their rules. Take a look.

Mex and I will pitch in some money as sponsors if you want. Safety equipment aint cheap !!!!!!!!!

Back