alselec

.060 Over
Have had the R3 for over a month now, like it better every day. Can't figure out why anyone would want a Harley instead.

Some people like punishment...:D, But I'm with you, it would be hard to go back to a Harley. It takes some balls to buy a Rocket... you can be safe and buy a Harley like everyone else.

Have done 500 miles on mine now, so its sorta "broken in". Took it up to 180kph (112mph) on sat. Wow..... it didnt take long to get there.:eek: Also getting used to the handling, and torque reaction in bends.:) . I've never ridden a harley, but used have a buddie with one. Rode with him on my t100. Could never understand why he'd slow down for bends, so decided to stay behind him one day and watch. That bike wallowed through bends like a cow on valium. :D

PHP:
That bike wallowed through bends like a cow on valium. :D
Link Removed
I grew up milking 40 head twice a day and I've never seen a cow on valium. Are SA cows under more stress or does it make the milk taste different?:roll: I can't seem to get that picture out of my head but you sure made this Ex-Cowman laugh loud and long. Thanks!!

alselec said:
Have had the R3 for over a month now, like it better every day. Can't figure out why anyone would want a Harley instead.
To be different, you know. They all wear black t-shirts, have beards, (not a good thing for the women), tatoos, chaps, bandanas, and ear rings. I rode HD for years, somehow I just never fit in. They do make a decent motorcycle that looks good and is reliable, but they are severely overpriced and everybody on the block has one. I still wish I had invested in their stock in the mid 70's. I'd have a different R/3 for everyday of the week.

Theatrical Prose......

Britman:

I know of a few women who have excess facial hair on their upper lip especially.:roll:

Maybe they are good candidates for Harley's.

Simon states the Harley "wallows" in the curves as he was behind the HD on his T100. I would imagine that the stock suspended R3, if pushed hard in twisties would "wallow" as the HD did, especially before the more taut suspended T100 would. Remember, I have a T100 too. The R3 has a much more compliant suspension for the "big bike" ride. The T100 don't.

If Triumph hadn't gone through their financial troubles in the late 60's, succumbing to lack of quality and lackluster bikes leading up to their demise and if Bloor had never entered into the picture bringing the Triumph marque back from the gloom of motorcycle hell....(sorry for the melodramatics), lets just say that Triumph had just kept on trucking along with Harley, BSA, Norton, Greeves, Royal Enfield and all the rest of the bygone marques and had never given Willie G and crew the chance to hyper market the American Idol, what if.....

Would there be a HD in every yuppies garage?, would HD underwear and nighties be chic?, would there be a sub-culture that lives and breathes HD? I think not, but that isn't the way it turned out is it??

Enjoy your R3 and be a part of the oldest existing motorcycle manufacturer in the world. It's that heritage that attracts me to a Triumph. That's why I have more than one. My Triumph(s) aren't a fad with me. They both are a link to my younger days and a link to motorcycle history just like HD is. Long live Prince of Darkness and night visitor. I'm glad they a both deceased.:D

Back