The annual migration (like lemmings) has started

Post has been pulled, got some type of violation notification. Not sure what as neither one of the gals were undressed, thank god :) anyway I am not a moderator and have not really been able to figure them out. Maybe its my turn to lay low for a while !!!!

You know, I know how you feel, Amigo.

Thanks for the blanket invitation Bob and it's very kind of you.

I attended the 75th Anniversary Animal Farm and Goat Rope and will never visit Sturgis again during the the annual trailer convention. I've never seen so many bikers crash into each other just doing simple maneuvers. My personal collision avoidance system was on max overload.

With that said, I still need to get over your way Bob. I've been gradually upgrading my Scout with touring accessories and am almost there. And my new knee also seems to be just about ready for a long ride.

The end of summer is fast approaching.

Thanks for the blanket invitation Bob and it's very kind of you.

I attended the 75th Anniversary Animal Farm and Goat Rope and will never visit Sturgis again during the the annual trailer convention. I've never seen so many bikers crash into each other just doing simple maneuvers. My personal collision avoidance system was on max overload.

With that said, I still need to get over your way Bob. I've been gradually upgrading my Scout with touring accessories and am almost there. And my new knee also seems to be just about ready for a long ride.

The end of summer is fast approaching.

I know exactly how you feel about going over there during the rally. The last time I was there was in 1975 on a brand spanking new Norton 850 Commando MK III. I only went up because that was the first time it was a 7 day event. Not many trailers then. There is a good chance that the 1%ers outnumbered the Dr's, Dentists and Lawyers combined. I love riding the area but early summer early fall is usually my time to go.

bob

People always ask me if I've been to Sturgis, I tell them yes, but not during bike week. My Sturgis BMW shirt gets a lot of double takes, too.

I know exactly how you feel about going over there during the rally. The last time I was there was in 1975 on a brand spanking new Norton 850 Commando MK III. I only went up because that was the first time it was a 7 day event. Not many trailers then. There is a good chance that the 1%ers outnumbered the Dr's, Dentists and Lawyers combined. I love riding the area but early summer early fall is usually my time to go.

bob
Posted something very similar to your comment in Sturgis run post. Last time for myself was in 1975. Rode a Yamaha 350. Was 17 years old at the time and rode up with my two Uncles. Nether of the two are lawyers or dentist or Dr.:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

With that said about trailering, I am not reluctant to trailer these days when I want to ride a great place such as the Texas Hill Country. It's just so much easier than riding 4,000 miles round trip. Age has something to do with it. :(

I would NEVER trailer to Sturgis though. I recall riding to Daytona Bike Week in 2007 with my daughter from her home in Navarre, FL, I on my Rocket and she on her Speedmaster. First we rode to Enterprise, AL to meet with other Army riders and two Gold Star parents, and then on to a motel south of Daytona. We encountered many towing touring bikes on trailers, some with Florida, Alabama and Georgia license plates, and she asked me why anyone would do that. I had no answer.

Last edited:
Back