that time of the year!! again

albertaduke

former airline pilot without the big bucks
Ride
2021 rocket3 GT
snow and more snow ..... might as well get stuff done made a new bracket for my cold season windshield used from april to early may then re install the sport screen in the same brackets .also in the process of putting a new max on the rear. that is what winters are for.unless one lives in florida or california or OZ..
IMG_1991.JPG
IMG_1990.JPG
IMG_1987.JPG

Last edited:
Glad to see another Rocket under repair! I've had my bike for going on 4 winters. Boy that sounds bad.... Anyway, each winter I find something to do to my bike. This year it's a new paint job and a new fairing on the front. My first front fairing lost a battle with a tree limb.
I see in one of your photos you use a small scissor jack to lift the rear for tire removal. I found that the factory scissor jack off G.M. Autos work well for that need. I welded a small plate to the jack as a platform. Just saying...

Glad to see another Rocket under repair! I've had my bike for going on 4 winters. Boy that sounds bad.... Anyway, each winter I find something to do to my bike. This year it's a new paint job and a new fairing on the front. My first front fairing lost a battle with a tree limb.
I see in one of your photos you use a small scissor jack to lift the rear for tire removal. I found that the factory scissor jack off G.M. Autos work well for that need. I welded a small plate to the jack as a platform. Just saying...
for your info
Chip
that scissor jack is not just an automotive scissor jack it is HD rated at 1200lbs I would not trust a car scissor jack and it is not a small piece of equipment weights at around 48 lbs has two adjustable fittings in height and lateral motion and keeps the bike steady as a rock

Thanks for the info. If you would, let me (us) know where to purchase that model of jack. Sure looks secure.

Thanks for the info. If you would, let me (us) know where to purchase that model of jack. Sure looks secure.

Got mine at 'PRINCESS AUTO " a supplier of all kind of tools I am sure you can find a supplier in the US similar to princess auto .like maybe harbor freight??
would not be surprised if this scissor was made in china, but again very strong very sturdy and heavy rated at 1200 lbs of lifting you need a lever arm to rotate the nut that raise the platform supporting the bike .

Just google motorcycle scissor jack and you will find oodles starting undder US$70 probably. If you look at them closely they are nearly all Chinese made clones of each other in different paint colors.

Thank you for the information. I like the style and function of Albertabuke's jack. I'll save my allowance and buy one! Have a great winter break...

Back