technical info re wiring indicators

skidmark

.020 Over
I'm looking for some guidance prior to trying to install some indicator warning bleepers.

Being of an age that memory has started to wilt, i thought these simple warning gizmos are a help.

I was hoping to splice into the left and right indicator wires if they are in the headlight cowl. I'm not the best technical person, hence looking for info on the install

regards mark

Skidmark,
I´d try to get hold of the required cables NOT from the main loom, try attaching on the turn signal cables. IIRC, they connect to the loom below the tank.
This way, if anything goes wrong during the 'surgery' the main loom stays intact. Also its easier to rebuilt to standard. I did had lots of electrical trouble on other bikers where attached stuff to the loom.

I just wonder if you need both sides cables - in the switch, current is either going nowhere (OFF) or to the left side signals (Green/Red cable) or right (Green/White), the supply line is light green and brown. I guess if you just follow the cable from the hanlebar switch and connect the light green/brown cable to the signal minder (and minus to the minder obviously), then that should work. (that switch cable connects to the loom under the tank for sure)
Another place would be the indicator relay, attaching to the same light green/brown cable (goes from there to the switch unit)-> located under the right side panel, the forward one should be it.

If that is to much trouble, maybe this is the way to go for you:

http://www.newr3.com/html/signalminder.html

Back