Take a look at these motors!

muleskinner:
Your proposition sounds like fun, but not sure how ridable or reliable a bike thus set up will be. If you are going to try it, why not do the deed with a Heritage or a Road King? Not a lot heavier than a Dyna; and completely unassuming in appearance. Ultimate sleeper for stoplight racing...

Our $.02.

We trudge on.

muleskinner:
Your proposition sounds like fun, but not sure how ridable or reliable a bike thus set up will be. If you are going to try it, why not do the deed with a Heritage or a Road King? Not a lot heavier than a Dyna; and completely unassuming in appearance. Ultimate sleeper for stoplight racing...

Our $.02.

We trudge on.

I hear ya. My wife rides my first bike, a 2005 RK Custom. When I told her I might sell my Rocket and take over her bike, I was told THAT is her bike and that ain't happening. :p

The reason I would look at a Dyna series Harley, is as I get older, I want a lighter bike than a 733 pound RK. But this is all just me thinking out loud. It might take two more seasons for me to make up my mind. It will take a lot for me to get rid of my Rocket.

Here is the reason I am asking. I bought my 011 R3T for overnight, distance traveling. Lately I've done none. So. This will be the year I make a decision if I keep my Rocket. If I decide to sell it, I want to replace it with a bike I can fit on with a LOT of horse power for local riding. I would get a Busa or a new ZX14R, but I can't do the riding position.

So. If this does happen, I will look for an 09 and up used Harley Street Bob Dyna series bike. I don't know what they weigh, but it's not that much. I will take it down to the frame, have the frame sandblasted and re-powder coated. I will then build the bike from the ground up. Not for "Bling," but rather for straight line drag racing. I'm not a big go fast around the corners guy. I do however, like to stop light race, Etc. I am thinking a light bike like that, with an Orca motor in it, should be a "Kick in the butt" and be a race winner on the street.

And no, it's not that I have anything against the Rocket, I don't want to go to a Roadster and only have one or two guys to buy performance engine parts from. Even if I build a 120CI Harley motor instead of an Orca motor, there are thousands of places to buy performance engine parts from. Not true of Triumph products.

Growing old is mandatory; growing up is optional..;) The biggest thrill anyone will get when it comes to speed is the Hayabusa in my opinion. Unless i'm on two Advil long hauls on the Busa doesn't happen these days. The Rocket III is a baby boomers dream comfortable and fast.One of the main reasons i keep the RK it's a great touring bike and there's a Harley dealer around every corner in the USA. As far as Triumph dealers go they are few and far between. When i ride to New Hampshire there is a Triumph dealer and a BMW dealer just down the street, everytime i head in that direction i stop into both. I've made a few friends at the BMW dealer and they were more than willing to let me ride their demo models. One model the BMW GTL 1600 blew me away,this bike has it all speed, comfort and dependablity a little pricey but you get a lot of bang for the buck IMO.Give it a test ride if you have a chance you'll be pleasantly surprised. Definitely one of the five i'd add to my stable :D Just my 2 cent..

2012 BMW K 1600 GTL (RIDER: HAKTAN CEVIK) - YouTube

Ya big sissy!! Ya gonna ride the thing or carry it??? :flame:

No I'm going to put a center stand on it and spin it around in my garage like the guy on the 1970 M/C safety film posted here on another thread. Hopefully I won't try riding it down a dirt forestry road and break any ribs. :rolleyes: Funny guy you are my friend.:roll:

Growing old is mandatory; growing up is optional..;) The biggest thrill anyone will get when it comes to speed is the Hayabusa in my opinion. Unless i'm on two Advil long hauls on the Busa doesn't happen these days. The Rocket III is a baby boomers dream comfortable and fast.One of the main reasons i keep the RK it's a great touring bike and there's a Harley dealer around every corner in the USA. As far as Triumph dealers go they are few and far between. When i ride to New Hampshire there is a Triumph dealer and a BMW dealer just down the street, everytime i head in that direction i stop into both. I've made a few friends at the BMW dealer and they were more than willing to let me ride their demo models. One model the BMW GTL 1600 blew me away,this bike has it all speed, comfort and dependablity a little pricey but you get a lot of bang for the buck IMO.Give it a test ride if you have a chance you'll be pleasantly surprised. Definitely one of the five i'd add to my stable :D Just my 2 cent..

2012 BMW K 1600 GTL (RIDER: HAKTAN CEVIK) - YouTube

I like the Busa, it's just that after having the 05 ZX12R, I found out the riding position for me is good for about thirty minutes. If that.

anyone?

Anyone with doubts as to the ability of your very own Rocket, feel free to post my Video.Triumph Rocket 3 stage 2 carpenter 240 hp......you tube.With ease, i could push my engine beyond 400hp. so.Who needs an Orca? when i was young-er, i had a 250 dirt bike, i could ride the ass off it. I thought id get a 400,and i did, but did i ride it as hard as the 250?
No, i actually got slower,Why?the grunt was intimidating,my yin and yan were fcked, i wasnt comfortable, i couldnt sync,so ask yourself, is a big number hp ride what you really need?I bet four fifths of our forum members could Not handle my ride.And the other fifth would sh!t themselves senseless. My 'pony' has more than 240hp[just sayin].... An Orca is just another Hardley, albeit, a big one.I will always go my own way.....thats wot men do! I am not a Follower, never will be:cool:

I would like to hear the exhaust on a V-Twin this big. Imagine this thing setup in a rigid frame shaking like a Harley. I would like to see that.

The modern V-Twins don't have the sound like the shovel-heads and earlier. More efficient combustion chambers, different valve timing etc. You put open drags on a modern Hardley or S&S or any of the other clone engines and they have a raspy sound. M2CW.

Anyone here had any experience with these guys?

113/126/132 and 139 Cubic Inch Orca Motors

That falls under the category of FINE ART :D I want to get smoked by one just to hear it run.
It doesn't look like something for an everyday rider. I know guys that trade/sell an everyday rider to buy these "Bike Night" beauties (big S&S/RevTech on a rigid) just to find out that standing around and talking about your bike isn't as much fun as going on an all day ride!

Back