Take a look at these motors!

I would NOT want to come up against the 139CI 400HP motor in a Dyna series Harley in a straight line race. :eek: Or a custom made frame bike. In a straight line I would think one of these motors in that type of bike would have us for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Even a Carpenter worked over Rocket.:eek:

Thar she blows

There are a few Rockets out there that have more than 400hp, and they will tell you about the difficulty in getting all the power to the ground.Numbers can work against you sometimes.What i noticed was the gap between the first motors, up to 165hp, then it jumped to 350. Why is that? Where is the mid range street engine 240-280hp?That is the range that i believe a good all round engine should be.Im sure if Bob Carpenter wanted, he could build a 'Harpoon Rocket' and kill enuff Orcas to feed japan:D

Here is the reason I am asking. I bought my 011 R3T for overnight, distance traveling. Lately I've done none. So. This will be the year I make a decision if I keep my Rocket. If I decide to sell it, I want to replace it with a bike I can fit on with a LOT of horse power for local riding. I would get a Busa or a new ZX14R, but I can't do the riding position.

So. If this does happen, I will look for an 09 and up used Harley Street Bob Dyna series bike. I don't know what they weigh, but it's not that much. I will take it down to the frame, have the frame sandblasted and re-powder coated. I will then build the bike from the ground up. Not for "Bling," but rather for straight line drag racing. I'm not a big go fast around the corners guy. I do however, like to stop light race, Etc. I am thinking a light bike like that, with an Orca motor in it, should be a "Kick in the butt" and be a race winner on the street.

And no, it's not that I have anything against the Rocket, I don't want to go to a Roadster and only have one or two guys to buy performance engine parts from. Even if I build a 120CI Harley motor instead of an Orca motor, there are thousands of places to buy performance engine parts from. Not true of Triumph products.

Back