Switched Power for GPS.

Ezayakyala

.060 Over
Ride
Triumph RocketR
Hello everyone its your favorite non mechanically inclined friend again. I wired my ZUMO XT the other day to the battery. Which is all fine and good except for that one time I forget to remove the GPS and not plug in my bike into the tender. My question is .. is there an easy way to tap into a switched power source on the 2020 Rocket 3 currently? I hear people talking about adding a dedicated fuse box is that simple? Necessary ? As usual I have no idea what I am doing :)

I was hoping to avoid using the DIN connector by the headlight just to keep wiring hidden but I get it if thats the only solution.

I us an Eastern Beaver PC8 fuse block on my 08, others use versions of the PDM60. Both allow allow you to add both switched and un-switched circuits. The PC8 has a set number, the later PDM60 allow you to choose. Its a good idea since as you add a real horn, extra lights etc. you have somewhere to tie into.

Isn't the additional Power Socket a switched one?

PS: you can verify it by checking the connector underneath the Airbox - when you measure it correctly, you will directly see if it works...

Last edited:
Back