Suspension help please! Progressive 440 shock

Reaper948

.040 Over
Hey guys, my bike is apart getting everything powdercoated, the wheels are off and the forks are apart-- so I was thinking I should do some upgrades while the bike is in pieces!!

I'd love to do some real fine tuning to the suspension -- So I was thinking

Progressive
440 Series HD 13" to raise the rear so I stop scraping -- with a better raked stance and better clearance
Fork Spring kit

I am 6'5, 260lb - I have plenty of foot control while the bike is not in motion.

Im not sure about the setup - can anyone care to chime in?

I went with Hagon Nitro's 1" over (max length). YOu can't go longer than that since the swingarm won't go more than that. If you want to stop scraping also put a car tire on the back, the extra clearance when leaned over has kept me from scraping my footboards (I originally had pegs that I ground the feelers off). Going over the "dragon" I never touched down any hardware with this setup.;)

I went with Hagon Nitro's 1" over (max length). YOu can't go longer than that since the swingarm won't go more than that. If you want to stop scraping also put a car tire on the back, the extra clearance when leaned over has kept me from scraping my footboards (I originally had pegs that I ground the feelers off). Going over the "dragon" I never touched down any hardware with this setup.;)
can you provide a link and part number?

Yes Im also interested to know this too -- how do they do on those turns?

I did the Progressive fork springs with the 418's, what did you want to know about them??

Hagon's

Hi Reaper, l also have Hagon Nitro's on My R3 , but although they are fantastic shocks, the first pair l had were 15mm over stock. Not much maybe , but this caused the bars to oscilate one-up as it reduced the rake too much. l had them adjusted to stock length and they are now excellent with or without passenger and/or luggage (adjusted accordingly) but please note l am 200lb.
The Hagon fork springs genuinley compliment the rear shox, my bike glides over all sorts... arent Rockets great :)
all t best
Blacklll

Sissies,
it takes a mexican to ride a rocket for 1000 miles with stock suspension:D:D (or a broke mexican i should say):p

Hi Reaper, l also have Hagon Nitro's on My R3 , but although they are fantastic shocks, the first pair l had were 15mm over stock. Not much maybe , but this caused the bars to oscilate one-up as it reduced the rake too much. l had them adjusted to stock length and they are now excellent with or without passenger and/or luggage (adjusted accordingly) but please note l am 200lb.
The Hagon fork springs genuinley compliment the rear shox, my bike glides over all sorts... arent Rockets great :)
all t best
Blacklll

Cheers -- Not to be going against you at all, but just ordered Progressive fork spring kit + 13" HD 418 BLACK progressive rear shocks for just under 500 shipped! Does the increase in rear shock length of .5 inches make a big difference? I think my 260 lb frame will be okay on that, no? Especially with the new fork springs?

Back