Progressive fronts

TheKid

Top Fuel
Ride
2007 Rocket III Standard /2010 R3T
Just installed the Progressive springs in the front of my 07 Standard. Really like them, seems to be smooth but stiff. Left tube is a little bent, but I think it will be ok. Replaced right tube, disc and fender. Back in January I got stuck between a Rocket and a hard spot. All is good, minor damage. Bike rides smooth.

So, curious question for you, at what measurement did you set the oil level air gap? Seems to be no clear direction on this topic.

I just ordered Progressive front and rear, and would also like to know what everyone is recommending the air gap be set at.

@1olbull I liked trying to keep up with you back in SoCal, and I know you've got Progressive springs. What did you set your air gap at?

I just ordered Progressive front and rear, and would also like to know what everyone is recommending the air gap be set at.

@1olbull I liked trying to keep up with you back in SoCal, and I know you've got Progressive springs. What did you set your air gap at?

Yeah, I have the same question, along with a few other members. Progressive Suspension doesn't give any guidance in their instructions, other than see service manual. I did call them, but they took a message and said they will get back to me. That was two weeks ago and with the current crisis, I wouldn't expect to hear back anytime soon. I think it's fair to say the air gap is somewhere between 110mm and 140mm....lol.

Just installed the Progressive springs in the front of my 07 Standard. Really like them, seems to be smooth but stiff. Left tube is a little bent, but I think it will be ok. Replaced right tube, disc and fender. Back in January I got stuck between a Rocket and a hard spot. All is good, minor damage. Bike rides smooth.

"A little bent" ??? :eek:
Tis still way too much IMHO. :inlove

I agree Bull, but it ain't leaking, and I thought it would be fine. I don't feel any difference between the two when compressed, of course off the bike. Time will tell. I set the oil level at 89mm from the top, as in the manual. I also used 7 weight oil. Bought all the tooling and seals from Triumph and followed the manual. Easy peasy

I agree Bull, but it ain't leaking, and I thought it would be fine. I don't feel any difference between the two when compressed, of course off the bike. Time will tell. I set the oil level at 89mm from the top, as in the manual. I also used 7 weight oil. Bought all the tooling and seals from Triumph and followed the manual. Easy peasy

My concern would be that any bend, no matter how small, will cause a misalignment of the front axle and therefor, front wheel.
Of more concern to me, would be issues with fork slap at high(er) speeds, especially those over the ton!
Again, JMHO . . .

Back