Summer in February

image.jpg
How dare you tease us , any mods performed have to be followed by pictures or it did not happen:D
I deserved that. Pictures are required. I just suck at sending them

@Chip, what kind of lights are those lower 2?
fantastic look!
Those LEDs are called "fog spot lamp cree LED. Since the word "cree" is the same as my last name, I had to purchase them. Also they are super inexpensive! EBay # 121581106075. Side note: very long reach on the light beam. Be careful with where you aim them.

Was temped to go for a ride Saturday, but here in New England it's pothole season and there are some pretty big ones out there. Ride Safe...!!
I look at the photo on your post. Snow melting crap in the road. I can only assume you are riding in this stuff. My helmet (hat) goes off to you. I really like riding, but not in slush and ice! Just a fare weather kind of guy.

Another great ride in the middle of winter.
I finished putting my Rocket back together on Thursday, February 16th. Friday the 17th I took my bike for a shakedown cruise. Everything worked great. The new LEDs were bright and looked good. The new fairing was fine along with the stereo sounding fantastic. I replaced the gas tank, including rehooking up the speedometer, odometer and clock. I even rewired the lighting circuits. Everything truly was fantastic. But the coolest part is I have rode my motorcycle over 200 miles each of the last 4 days... IN FEBRUARY ! IN Michigan

I only made it out Saturday as I got the sickness bug that has been going around and I'm was still dealing with stitches in my hand. With that said, I still managed a hour ride and got the Jack-Be-Quick bracket installed on my bike. It was nice to be riding again.

Was temped to go for a ride Saturday, but here in New England it's pothole season and there are some pretty big ones out there. Ride Safe...!!

Ok, that was to funny, you posted an item from North Bay Ontario, yea they get pot holes alright, they actually get winter, lots of snow, and deep cold, it is about 4 hours north of me, it is an interesting place though

I look at the photo on your post. Snow melting crap in the road. I can only assume you are riding in this stuff. My helmet (hat) goes off to you. I really like riding, but not in slush and ice! Just a fare weather kind of guy.

You and me both...I'm a fair weather kind of guy as well. I don't like cold and/or wet. Retired, I can pick my days to ride based on the forecast.

Unfortunately, even when the temperatures get up there, I can't go for a ride. I live on a private dirt road here in Maine that stays covered in ice most of winter and it's a 2/3 mile ride from my house to the town road which has lots of sand on it...

The other crappy thing is that when the temperatures get up there, the snow gets lousy for snowmobiling. Went out Monday for the hardest 90 mile ride on a sled ever! My shoulders and upper arms were beat from steering though 4" of slush. Although there's still LOTS of snow, the forecast is for mid/nigh 40s for the next 10 days.

This is the worst time of the year when I can't use bikes, ATVs or sleds... Now when I go out to the garage and shed, I get clinically depressed to see all my toys just setting there...

Unfortunately, even when the temperatures get up there, I can't go for a ride. I live on a private dirt road here in Maine that stays covered in ice most of winter and it's a 2/3 mile ride from my house to the town road which has lots of sand on it...

The other crappy thing is that when the temperatures get up there, the snow gets lousy for snowmobiling. Went out Monday for the hardest 90 mile ride on a sled ever! My shoulders and upper arms were beat from steering though 4" of slush. Although there's still LOTS of snow, the forecast is for mid/nigh 40s for the next 10 days.

This is the worst time of the year when I can't use bikes, ATVs or sleds... Now when I go out to the garage and shed, I get clinically depressed to see all my toys just setting there...
  • So my question is what do you drive? A H1 Hummer? Just getting to civilization must take a while. I live in the country, but on a paved road. 10 minutes and I'm in the city. You aren't even in the same area code.

Another great ride in the middle of winter.
I finished putting my Rocket back together on Thursday, February 16th. Friday the 17th I took my bike for a shakedown cruise. Everything worked great. The new LEDs were bright and looked good. The new fairing was fine along with the stereo sounding fantastic. I replaced the gas tank, including rehooking up the speedometer, odometer and clock. I even rewired the lighting circuits. Everything truly was fantastic. But the coolest part is I have rode my motorcycle over 200 miles each of the last 4 days... IN FEBRUARY ! IN Michigan
Lucky Dog!! It's colder than a brass toilet seat on the shady side of the mountain here..and a bit more snow!

Back