Summer in February

Chip

Turbocharged
Ride
08 Rocket Touring, 15 Rocket Touring
Another great ride in the middle of winter.
I finished putting my Rocket back together on Thursday, February 16th. Friday the 17th I took my bike for a shakedown cruise. Everything worked great. The new LEDs were bright and looked good. The new fairing was fine along with the stereo sounding fantastic. I replaced the gas tank, including rehooking up the speedometer, odometer and clock. I even rewired the lighting circuits. Everything truly was fantastic. But the coolest part is I have rode my motorcycle over 200 miles each of the last 4 days... IN FEBRUARY ! IN Michigan

Another great ride in the middle of winter.
I finished putting my Rocket back together on Thursday, February 16th. Friday the 17th I took my bike for a shakedown cruise. Everything worked great. The new LEDs were bright and looked good. The new fairing was fine along with the stereo sounding fantastic. I replaced the gas tank, including rehooking up the speedometer, odometer and clock. I even rewired the lighting circuits. Everything truly was fantastic. But the coolest part is I have rode my motorcycle over 200 miles each of the last 4 days... IN FEBRUARY ! IN Michigan

AWESOME! Any day on an R3 is a good day. I have a lot of good days here in Las Vegas... : )

Do you have photos of your mods?

-MIG

Same here in Buffalo, NY area, near 60 all week, I was out yesterday and Saturday, love that global warming.

Sunday was Awesome here, just had to play a little bit of dodge the puddles

Bike_HardRock.jpg

Was temped to go for a ride Saturday, but here in New England it's pothole season and there are some pretty big ones out there. Ride Safe...!!

I managed to get out this weekend as well in Toronto! But with my new bike, a Super Tenere. I aimed for the puddles! Feels great being able to get the bike filthy and not worry about the shiny chrome lol. We are truly lucky to have such great weather in February. Lets hope for an early spring!

I managed to get out this weekend as well in Toronto! But with my new bike, a Super Tenere. I aimed for the puddles! Feels great being able to get the bike filthy and not worry about the shiny chrome lol. We are truly lucky to have such great weather in February. Lets hope for an early spring!

Where in TO are you at?

@Frosty Rider How did you get the Union Jack on the radiator face ? I like that. I might want one.

created a template on a thick stiff bristol board, painted the entire grill in a high gloss white, about 5-coats, once dried lay the template over it and mask off all of the blue sections, then do 5-coats of a gloss red, once that dries, mask off the red sections and do 5-coats of the gloss blue, once that dries throw a few coats of clear coat over it and let that dry and you have the flag on your screen. the rocket 3 piece in the middle was one of the add-ones that someone here cuts from polished stainless, i thought it made for a nice stand out

Back