Suggestions? 05 running problem

Swapping coils made no difference. Today, I'll check for spark on #2 and go from there. I've got 3 of these Rockets, so I ought to be able to figure this out. Bike ran fine, just sat for a few months, and now no #2. I do run seafoam in everything, including the lawn mowers. It is good stuff. Man it looks like a beech, to get to the injectors.:(

Swapping coils made no difference. Today, I'll check for spark on #2 and go from there. I've got 3 of these Rockets, so I ought to be able to figure this out. Bike ran fine, just sat for a few months, and now no #2. I do run seafoam in everything, including the lawn mowers. It is good stuff. Man it looks like a beech, to get to the injectors.:(
Injectirs are easy if you have triple filters. Just lift the tank and pull the fuel rail. And change the mounting screws on top to hex heads you'll figure out why :D

Thanks Warp. I'm being my lazy old self today, still in my bathrobe, sippin coffee.;)
Also, silly, stupid me hasn't yet to connect tuneEcu to see what it has to say about things.
Also, this is my low rider, hard tail, with the 3 gal aluminum gas tank. EASY to get at things, just wish I had one of those IV bottle hangers, to hang a bag of gas, for test purposes! Ha!:whitstling:

Last edited:
OK, Guys, guess what it was ?????? Spark plugs! Got out my trusty old unopened "upgrade" kit, and dug out the 6 plug wires, and 6 spark plugs. Swapped out the 2 on cylinder #2, and she runs ok, but now the other 2 cylinders are *****in a little. Maybe 40 psi is a tad high. Plugs out of #2 were black and wet. When I tested, the plug was shorted. Now after it and I cool off, will change out the other 4 plugs and wires, and go blow the cob webs off.;)

Whew-wee, talk about RICH !!! It's either the map I have loaded, or too much fuel pressure (40psi). Going to dig up my laptop, and see what's what with TuneEcu. She's hitting on all 3 now, with the new plugs and wires, but at this rich, they will foul out soon. I got to look up and see if the new 7's are hotter than the stock 8's can't remember which way the numbers go on those plugs.
rocketplugs.jpg

My 1/8 track I go to, it’s a rush, just holding on at launch and hitting 3rd and crushing the finish line is exhilarating, 90mph in 8 secs,(stock touring 1000lbs easy) must be what riding bodacious would feel like because a rocket you’ve gotta hold on to her and stay aboard

Attachments

• 04F2467D-B227-4C41-96DE-85129A6B7BFC.png
    04F2467D-B227-4C41-96DE-85129A6B7BFC.png
    431.1 KB · Views: 7
glad u now have a good tune in it.
when u put a tune in and u go from 35 mpg to 25 miles per gal that extra gas is just to much and your plugs shows what happens.
i am still running the tors tune with the secs wide open above 3500 rpm.
i would have given u that tune but lightning struct my laptop:(

Back