Stupid things seasoned motorcyclists do.

Hero Blob

Supercharged
Seeing as how most of you are a bunch of old codgers...:p

What are some things you do that defy all reasoning when it's time to ride or while you are riding?

I am very good at putting on my jacket, helmet, and gloves, only to realize my key is in my pocket. Usually when my friends have all but motored off.
I forget to take my sunglasses off when I remove my helmet.
I sometimes clunk down into first gear....when my kickstand is still down.
Scoured a 100 square foot perimeter looking for my key only to find it sticking in my rear seat lock......45 minutes later.
I've beeped my horn when trying to start my bike. I used to hit my starter all the time after I sold my BMW when trying to make right turns.

I watched a friend fill his tank with diesel once.

you?

Blob

Sorry, but the Old Codgers site is closed.

Our thanks to everyone who visited us in our old age.
We are now having the time of our lives in
The Home for the Bewildered. Jack

Blob

Blob,,Just kidding lol My left turn signal blinks fast and my right signal blinks slow, so I can remember which way I wanted to go. My mirrors say HANG ON so I don't forget. It takes a man to get old...If your doing that stuff,your not riding enough. Jack

Seeing as how most of you are a bunch of old codgers...:p

What are some things you do that defy all reasoning when it's time to ride or while you are riding?

Forgetting NOT to park the Rocket downhill
Always trying to pour more gas into the tank than it can possibly hold
Thinking I can install accessories all by myself... and failing miserably

That's about it. Jamie:cool:

I beep my horn when I am trying to cancel my turn signals, usually with a bunch of people watching after I have turned into a parking lot trying to look cool. :p

Blob

I have to admit I have blown my horn trying to start my bike..:eek: I wear a shorty helmet (for now) so I wear ear plugs. But only seam to remember to put them as I'm heading down the road.

I am very good at putting on my jacket, helmet, and gloves, only to realize my key is in my pocket. Usually when my friends have all but motored off.
I forget to take my sunglasses off when I remove my helmet.
I sometimes clunk down into first gear....when my kickstand is still down.
Scoured a 100 square foot perimeter looking for my key only to find it sticking in my rear seat lock......45 minutes later.

I have done all of these above for sure. I always seem to confound myself with losing my key, I do it all the time (always to find it still in the ignition or seat lock) :kk::eek::D

Back