Stupid things seasoned motorcyclists do.

As we all get older and these senior moments increase with both intensity and duration good things can come out of the condition. You will find yourself meeting new people everyday and you can hide your own Easter eggs.........

AMEN brother. I have found that in my fifties the description of "Better living through chemistry" has taken on a whole new meaning than it did when I was 18 in the early 70's. Now brown prescription bottles are in place of what I used to think was street happiness. You always pay for your mistakes, always.:(

Took the fuel tank bolt out to install the Stebel, dropped it, spent almost an hour looking for it and contemplated calling AAA to pick it up, turn it over and shake until it fell out. Finally found it in the lower radiator shroud wedged quite nicely.:eek: Will we ride beyond our level of competancy or give it up as the years add up?

AMEN brother. I have found that in my fifties the description of "Better living through chemistry" has taken on a whole new meaning than it did when I was 18 in the early 70's. Now brown prescription bottles are in place of what I used to think was street happiness. You always pay for your mistakes, always.:(

Took the fuel tank bolt out to install the Stebel, dropped it, spent almost an hour looking for it and contemplated calling AAA to pick it up, turn it over and shake until it fell out. Finally found it in the lower radiator shroud wedged quite nicely.:eek: Will we ride beyond our level of competancy or give it up as the years add up?

I don't think we lose competency; I think we get out of practice. The more you ride, the longer you ride.

Ok guys heres one for you all, coming home from a 10 day vacation stop for the evening at a hotel about 5 hours from home, get the camera out to take pics of sun setting over lake Erie. Get up next morning cant find keys search hotel, parking lot, and ask everyone we see cant find them anywhere. Wife rides home gets the spare (which goes in saddle bag with us now) 10 hours !!! Yea she not happy:eek:. Get home and 2 days later when downloading pics from camera found key in bottom of camera bag. Yes she still does not let me live that down:D

ONE of the dumb things I've done on a bike was on my Norton Commando at a charity ride. Never ever use the steering lock but on this run there were quite a few guys wearing colours and just to be safe I locked it. At the end of the day I prepared to leave and prayed that the bike would behave as I inserted the key. Someone yelled out, "he's going to start the Norton" and everybody nearby looked on. Luvverly I thought as she fired up first kick. I rode off and as I turned right the bike refused and I ended up on my arse with a few bent bits. Hugely embarassed I rode home with a pair of vice grips for a shifter.

Back