.The 800 was for the 7 hrs labour cleaning out and resetting the carbs. is this a big job????.

That seems high based on time. I had the injectors on my Tahoe (V8) cleaned in about 3 hours. They pulled them, cleaned on a bench cleaner and reinstalled. There is not a lot of "setting" to be done.

triumph paid for the new tps and for the fitting .The 800 was for the 7 hrs labour cleaning out and resetting the carbs. is this a big job????. oh yes and gas . these are the best guys we have round for the triumphs . im going to ring truimph tonight and ill see what they say about it . theyd better say alot lolol.

No Carbs.. maybe you mean adjusting and sync to thottle bodies. not a big job really if you know what you are doing.

Just an opinion..
From what you are saying maybe better not to get too far offside with them or they may not help you in the future :)

Good Luck !

re

woops throttle bodies haha .Well got it back yesterday .After a 4 hr ride its going ok it sort of warbles when I back off ,I dont know if im being fussy mmm . I got to the local hardware shop and a guy walked out said , my mates got 1 of them its been playing up hard out just been on a dyno and had the computer reset then a couple of hundred km s later was back to the high idol hes selling it . made me feel great not

woops throttle bodies haha .Well got it back yesterday .After a 4 hr ride its going ok it sort of warbles when I back off ,I dont know if im being fussy mmm . I got to the local hardware shop and a guy walked out said , my mates got 1 of them its been playing up hard out just been on a dyno and had the computer reset then a couple of hundred km s later was back to the high idol hes selling it . made me feel great not

I had a high Idle after I loaded a map file into the ECU.
I changed the Map file to another one and idle was normal again.

Maybe he has a similar map versus set up problem .. just an idea ..

Try not to worry too much it will ruin ya enjoyment :D

A mate just turned up hes a tractor mechanic i was telling him about the tps and the stepper then talked about the headlight mod to stop the key heating up ,He goes watch this mate goes to his truck says you want one of these in the line and pulled a relay out of the back then proceeds to pull the seat and side cover off and cut, chop,new wires ,fuses,then goes here ya go mate all done key bypassed piece a piss bro.so ill go for a blast later and see if its ok . it took 15 minutes .

stepper

Can someone post some pics of how to remove the stepper motor? Or is this just simply unplugging the motor and tucking the harness away?

You would think Triumph would fix this via some sort of recall.

Thanks in advance

I'm doing some research on this as I've removed my stepper motor and the bike starts great with no hanging as I was experiencing before. But it's still not solid idle even with the motor removed.

In post #2 there is mention of an idle adjustment screw on the first throttle body. Thing is I can't see this screw, can someone point me in the right direction please.

Should I adjust this screw when engine is fully warm?

Thanks

fixed

Hi havent been on here for a while the bike is finally fixed by luck I found a guy in tauranga that has been working on them for along time . you wont believe it but it was the f****ing battery . about june last year the battery packed up i went to the local bike shop said I wanted battery for the rocket they pulled out 1 said this is the one for it well bugger me it was a besco 160 cca worth about 70 bucks ,I paid 150 for this suppose to be huge battery . my guy in tauranga reset the voltages then checked the battery it was running 60 percent of what it should . he said mate that wouldnt run a bloody scooter. we put in a yuasa 330cca hes being using it for 3 weeks with out a hickup so all the money i spent motorad the so called clever buggers was a waste . and you know what the dear one cost 200 . Im over people playing with something with out knowing im really pissed im no mechanic at all so you rely on these goons good luck you guys maybe you should check the battery b4 anything else cheers

Back