Stepper motor removal

**** and blast Rocketman I was thinking that I would finally get the header pipes you piped me on Ebay :laugh::sneaky:;):thumbsup:

Here's hoping you got that issue solved

My post isn’t meant to be negative.....but fixing the idle hunting is where I’d spend my time. The Ecu wants to vary idle based on temp etc. modern Efi engines all have some variant of this.

It pains me to see folk just pulling something because they can’t sort it.

Anywho, good luck dude, hope ya get it running kinda right.
Inspired by this message I resorted to doing exactly that, turned out the stepper was the culprit it had wear on the base of the shaft and had alot of play in it probably down to all the resets I've performed over the years lol,

Pays to listen at times

There's more you can do to steady the idle, I stand behind the position " there is never a reason to disconnect the ISCV beyond troubleshooting".

I have bored TBs, completely removed secondary plates/rods/sensor, and big huge cams with big huge intake ports meaning very low airspeed at idle and ISCV still holds a steady 1050 RPM idle +/- 40 RPM.

Part 1 is ensure the TBs are properly balanced.
Part 2 is to adjust Primary TPS to 0.68v instead of 0.6v.
Part 3 if you're still seeing hunting/stalling, is screw in the throttle stop slightly, reset ISCV again.
Part 4 if you still have hunting is shaping a low timing advance valley in the tune file. This causes the engine to want to idle at the RPM where the lowest timing is. This step was crucial on the built motor, to get it behave.

Past that....you have a broken piece of hardware somewhere.

My "Custom" throttle stop, I got sick of the Triumph tomfoolery and modified this gold bolt to the exact correct length.
20230818_140932.jpg

Still connected ISCV:
20230818_140937.jpg

Last edited:
Back