I got my replacement Toyota Celica starter motor from RockAuto.com, Part # TYC 117774...brand new starter, $79.79 USD
I did use the solenoid that came with the new starter. You only need to cut the plunger shaft to the same length as the original plunger shaft. And if you compare the two contact discs side by side, you will see the new disc is larger in diameter as are the contact pads. This means more contact area which should allow more current flow. Also, the wire connection lugs may not be in the same orientation, but there is enough slack in the wire to connect up. I'll post pics of my swap out, if i can find them.

Definitely check all your electrical groundings and battery, I thought I needed a new starter once even after getting a new battery as every cold morning no matter what I done the motor would not turn over. Changed type of battery and never had that issue again.

You might add that to order the correct kit, the web site says "You will need the number from the sticker on the body of your starter."

Or maybe, you know all the OEM starters are the same, and you could edit your post to say, "And when you call, be sure to tell them, 'This is the X3A-9 (made up) kit for the Triumph Rocket you've been selling to everyone else.' or some such.

This could be another keeper. :D

Back