Speed @ 7000 RPM

hombre

Nitrous
Dyno indicated a road speed of 174 MPH today for IC SC R3 at 7000 RPM in 5th gear... just as predicted I believe. No lean out while holding this speed/RPM. IMO, she's slippery enough to actually do this in the Maxton mile... we shall see. :cool:

**** lotta fun having a dyno!:D

Be even better doing it on the road.I done 6500rpm and still had more left.I believe it would pull 7000rpm:Dno super charger or fairing needed:DJUST BALLS

limiter

I mentioned on the other site I had hit the limiter on road in top gear on Murrays bike at 6900 and was poo poohed and told obviously the tyre must be slipping etc etc. It can be done,just need a clear road and strong arm grip.

I mentioned on the other site I had hit the limiter on road in top gear on Murrays bike at 6900 and was poo poohed and told obviously the tyre must be slipping etc etc. It can be done,just need a clear road and strong arm grip.

Nev

You should know by now the other site isn't worth a piss of bandwidth... it should be named it R3owners.crap :eek:

Just look at the difference between the level of technical posts here and what's over there... no FN comparison. :D

Hombre,
Is that 7000 rpm indicated on the tach?
Or do you have the inductive rpm pick up for your dyno?

If it is indicated, I would question the rpm by several hundred. My R3 is off this much, and I am not turning the revs you are, so I would expect a bit larger variance.

H...eck, my Speed Triple tach indicates ~11,500 rpm at 9800 actual rpm. :eek:

On some bikes, I use a TinyTach http://www.tinytach.com/tinytach/index.php for a reality check and max recall with an hour meter. But I have never used one on a bike with COP coils... I really need to try it on one.

WT

The tach and speed readings were both taken from the dyno. You are absolutely correct that the stock R3 tach is inaccurate... mine reads high by 200 Rs @ 7000 RPM. I guess Mother Triumph wants everyone to baby their engines. ;)

$13000= Busa = 176mph plus. If you want speed buy a bike that is designed for speed:D
Who is charging 13.000 grand for a busa? I have seen them for 10.500 brand new.If that brick wall of Hombres hits 200 mph he will be one famous MO FO.Why do ya think 500 HP boss hosses havent reached 200MPH. Hey Mckey lets hear it..

Back