South Coast meet up

You waiting on the second hand ones too ??
I'm hoping they won't experience problems ? but it would be galling to finance oneself up to the hilt , only for it to spend half it's time at the main dealers having gremlins sorted ! besides , my jury is still out and I stand by my previous comments that I feel I would just look too big on it . How many more bikes must I buy before I relent ? :banghead:

I'm hoping they won't experience problems ? but it would be galling to finance oneself up to the hilt , only for it to spend half it's time at the main dealers having gremlins sorted ! besides , my jury is still out and I stand by my previous comments that I feel I would just look too big on it . How many more bikes must I buy before I relent ? :banghead:

Hey,Son!
A tiny bit o' fatherly advise . . .
You talkin' motors or hi fashion?
Tis not about how you look, but how you ride! :laugh:

Well it's been 6 hours since this thread was revived and brought back from the dead and not a single suggestion of venue or places to visit.
Here's a couple to get the grey matter churning over:
Trip to the Menin Gate in Belgium to witness the last post being played - 3-4 days approx to allow for easy ride and beer!
Trip to Hinckley for the Triumph factory tour - 1 day

Well i was thinking maybe Normandy beaches plenty of history not to far and raise a glass to fallen could be done in a weekend or extended.Or maybe nice little tea room in Dartmoor that sells tea with a large brandy in it have to be a stop over of course for some pixie spotting with the infamous pixie hunter.Or we could just spend the weekend going to triumph dealers getting test rides on the new rocket and see if we can get a reduced price if we buy in bulk and find out if @Nat67 is to big for the new r3:laugh:

Most important how it makes you feel while your riding as the old saying goes don't knock it till you've tried it:laugh:

I agree that feel is important, but that was not mentioned, was it? This was:
"I stand by my previous comments that I feel I would just look too big on it."

Call that irishman and have a 2500 stroker done.

Hey,Son!
A tiny bit o' fatherly advise . . .
You talkin' motors or hi fashion?
Tis not about how you look, but how you ride! :laugh:
These are words of wisdom pops , However ! To ride well , one must be comfortable and feel at one with the bike . Almost certainly a failing of mine , but if I feel self conscious, I have a tendency to over compensate by riding beyond my limits as opposed to sitting back, taking in the scenery and enjoying the experience ! A previous poster mentioned , how the crease lines in the tank struck their inner thighs . I found the same thing sitting on one . If I were 4 inches shorter , those crease lines would be above and the fit would feel natural . Hi fashion ? Hell yes ! for 20 grand I would want to look good feeling good . Fickle maybe ? But being told I dwarf a 2.5 litre machine would not be condusive to a great bike / owner relationship .

Back