Someone with a Rivco heel/toe shifter.

rusty

Turbocharged
Ride
2005 Rocket III
Hey guys, I would like to have a photo of the heel/toe shifter "installed" on the bike. I'm looking for the angle to be taken from the left side of the bike, looking down at an angle approximately where your noggin would be, if you were in the saddle and leaning to the left side to look down at the shifter. I'm discouraged that Rivco, even though they had to put bends in the "toe" shift lever, did not match the angle on the head of the stock shifter (where your toe pushes & pulls). They (Rivco) made the head "square" with the shaft pivot bore, which changes the flow of the shifter head to the foot rest. I like the slight angle on the stock shifter and am really courious why the "aftermarket" folks would not take the angle into consideration.

I put a bend in mine with a press but the chrome didn't hold up too well. Imagine that!!!!! Yes, I tried to protect the surfaces, heavy leather, shim stock, etc. The chrome along the edges (where it had been previously bent) flaked off.

Anyone else observe this misalignment?

See ya.

Thanks Mitchcpc, I can tell from that angle even that the toe shift head is square with the centerline of the frame. You know what I speaking of? The original foot peg & shifter are canted to match ones foot angle when spread to saddle the beast. I think it looks out of place by being square and not matching the flow.

Thanks again. See ya.

Yes I do.

I can't win. Once I posted a pic befoe I washed her, and now you say it's not dirty enough? But really. that pic was taken when she was only 2 month old. Another 5K on her now, and not quite so clean!

Keep the shiny side up !

Mitch

I get a charge out of this 'sano' forum. A speck of fly dung and it's dirty. I remember I got chastised by Busa Jack for 'filth between the water pump housing and the lower block'.

I found a really neat trick for keeping the black engine really black, especially after washing it with our calcium laden water. I take a bristle paint brush and spray the end with silicone and dab the brush in all the nooks and crannies. The I take a rag with some silicone and wipe off all the rest of the black. Looks like a million bucks.

You guys ought to drop in on the KLR forum. There isn't one clean bike picture on the site. My KLR is 'sano' by their standards, I wash it ocassionally.

Mitch, your bike is just fine. They aren't posers, they are for riding.

Rusty:

I looked at my OEM heel and Toe and it has a bend in it. The peg is at 90 degrees to the case but it does have the 'flow' you are talking about. Having said that, you know all too well that chrome is very brittle. Did you expect anything less?

Back