20220713_115350.jpg

Nice. How did you strap the large bag on? Did you use the pannier brackets as anchors? Just bit the bullet and picking up my rocket 3R next week. 2 years old with 4000 miles on the clock. I’m stoked👍

Nice. How did you strap the large bag on? Did you use the pannier brackets as anchors? Just bit the bullet and picking up my rocket 3R next week. 2 years old with 4000 miles on the clock. I’m stoked👍
Btw how do you find the panniers? Good and bad please. Thanks

The bags are rubbish! By far the worst thing about the R3. The zips break and they are not waterproof! Also they are very expensive. Have a look at the C-Bow bags from Hepco and Becker.
Steve

I don't mind the panniers. I don't leave them on the Rocket but if I travel they work fine and with a backpack I can stay out as long as needed but you will need to stay in a hotel or visit a laundromat at least every 3rd or 4th day. They are in a water-resistant bag inside and the same on the outside if you don't mind putting them on. I have to agree for as expensive as the bags are they should be waterproof. It's a small hassle to put the 'condoms' on the bags but I haven't had to use them because if it's raining I won't go. A downpour or shower while travelling no big deal but I won't travel to far in rainy season. You 100% can get better panniers but for me they will suffice. :thumbsup:

Don't trust the arms for that luggage rack to hold much weight. The stock setup is rated at 3kg (6.6 pounds), and that ain't jack. Many have snapped them (yeah, me too.. but I was using it to hold a big flag mount. I buddy is fabbing up a much stronger one now.).
Here is what I used to add a tie down point for my tail bag:
Attached to the bottom of the passenger pegs with existing bolts.

Attachments

• holddown.jpg
    holddown.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 70
Don't trust the arms for that luggage rack to hold much weight. The stock setup is rated at 3kg (6.6 pounds), and that ain't jack. Many have snapped them (yeah, me too.. but I was using it to hold a big flag mount. I buddy is fabbing up a much stronger one now.).
Here is what I used to add a tie down point for my tail bag:
Attached to the bottom of the passenger pegs with existing bolts.
What a great idea. I think you’ve just solved my dilemma👍 Thanks a million👍👍👍👍 using these I can now strap my soft luggage to the pillion seat😃

What a great idea. I think you’ve just solved my dilemma👍 Thanks a million👍👍👍👍 using these I can now strap my soft luggage to the pillion seat😃
Make sure you test how the tips of those pegs will rest against the bike with tension on them. For me, they hit right under the seat. You might want to pad those tips to prevent any scratching. Also, I had to take just a bit of the bend out of the mount on the right so the mount did not hit the shock cylinder with the pegs retracted. Good luck!

Back