crj0007

.020 Over
Ride
Zzr1400
Hi All
New here.
I’m looking at getting a rocket 3 r this weekend. Myself and a few mates always do a European tour once a year. I was wondering is there anywhere to strap my waterproof roll bag on the pillion seat. Looking at the pictures of the bike there doesn’t seem to be any hooks for straps to secure the bag. Can anyone enlighten me or offer suggestions. I’m 99% sure I’ll be buying the bike.
Thanks

I added the backrest as well as the side case brackets to my R which gives me plenty of places to strap stuff. You could use the passenger hold strap but I would be uncomfortable without the back rest. I rode 7 days and about 3000 miles on a trip this summer with a T-bag on the back rest. Awesome bike to do that on.

Hi the bike I’m looking at has the backrest fitted as an extra. I suppose I could strap the bag to that somehow?

Hi
I set mine up for for touring capability for similar reasons.
Already had the panniers and back rest but added this Legend bag from SW-Mototech.
This gives another 48L capacity and straps down easily - but I think you'd need to add the pannier brackets at least to do this.
Adding the back rest (I have the GT version) adds more security.
In terms of long distance journeys / touring I've no doubt the Rocket will give you a great ride!
Rocket Touring set-up.jpg

Back