So what's next ?

I am intrigued by all the push to electric vehicles. The 'intriguing' part is the fact the USA has insufficient electric generation and transmission to deal with it. Toyota in 2007 (if memory serves) said they would delay import of all-electric vehicles because the US couldn't support a large surge in electricity demand. The US government in it's wise administration of utilities has handcuffed the generators by ignoring and finger pointing problems they created by deregulation (re: 2008 Northeast Blackout). It's going to be fascinating when electricity prices begin to fluctuate like gasoline. Only difference is instead of asking whether or not you should drive to see Grandma at Thanksgiving, the question is whether you want to have heat on in the house this week.

I just want to have a choice. If the laws change to out law petrol bikes then you know you have surrendered your life to the politicians.
It certainly has started in California. Outlawing the sale of all gas powered landscape tools within 5 years and all gas powered vehicles by 2035. I see a California EPA going around the neighborhoods listening for gas powered blowers and weed whackers for a criminal/civil citations. The good thing is I won't be here.

It certainly has started in California. Outlawing the sale of all gas powered landscape tools within 5 years and all gas powered vehicles by 2035. I see a California EPA going around the neighborhoods listening for gas powered blowers and weed whackers for a criminal/civil citations. The good thing is I won't be here.
The important thing to remember is that it's easy for politicians to pass laws that come into effect 15 or 20 years in the future, but there's no guarantee that the politicians in power then will agree. Stuff like that is meaningless. Didn't Trump roll back the CAFE standards that were supposed to get phased in?

Start there then follow the citations to the Aust Bureau of Statistics. The initial link a an insurance company meta-analysis and given their business is risk assessment they are usually the best informed research data publishers.

28 riders were killed in WA and at least 5 were harley riders representing around 18% of total fatalities which is greater than their market share percentage. So it's a safe conclusion to draw that you are really no more or less likely to be in an accident on a loud bike (the only assumption here is that all the Harley's were loud)

I don't doubt that in your case being louder MIGHT have got you noticed and I also don't doubt that more appropriate lane positioning (is not sitting right beside any vehicle for 150metres) would DEFINITELY have
I am intrigued by all the push to electric vehicles. The 'intriguing' part is the fact the USA has insufficient electric generation and transmission to deal with it. Toyota in 2007 (if memory serves) said they would delay import of all-electric vehicles because the US couldn't support a large surge in electricity demand. The US government in it's wise administration of utilities has handcuffed the generators by ignoring and finger pointing problems they created by deregulation (re: 2008 Northeast Blackout). It's going to be fascinating when electricity prices begin to fluctuate like gasoline. Only difference is instead of asking whether or not you should drive to see Grandma at Thanksgiving, the question is whether you want to have heat on in the house this week.
This topic quickly reminds me of the manufactured “ fuel shortages “ in the 1970’s. Literally overnight we went from driving huge V8 domestic vehicles, to buying tiny Japanese produced civics. This change over was a clear societal coercion via big power agreements. The U.S. administration is clearly in the process of partnering with battery companies, and electric car manufacturers to once again “reset” societal norms. Seemingly without a shred of thought put into the necessary infrastructure required to support such drastic change.

The important thing to remember is that it's easy for politicians to pass laws that come into effect 15 or 20 years in the future, but there's no guarantee that the politicians in power then will agree. Stuff like that is meaningless. Didn't Trump roll back the CAFE standards that were supposed to get phased in?
That certainly rings true but...It's California. I dig the optimism though.👍

I know. It is hard to legislate current events and not include some politics. I understand why they don't want too much of it here. It can get unhealthy but then again, it's important to stay informed. Cheers.
I’m easily lured overboard with politics. Already been banned on some platforms for “wrong think”. I enjoy this forum. So I’ll tread lightly, and speak softly. 🍺

Back