Ride
2013, & 2 05's R3R, 2006, 2004 Harley's, 2004 Kaw
Gulf Coast Motorcycles
16090 S. Tamiami Trail
Fort Myers, FL 33908
239-481-8100

Press Release

Dear Customer Family,

We wanted to reach out to you individually to inform you that effective 12/05/2014, Gulf Coast Motorcycles will no longer be your local Authorized Triumph Dealer.

Despite the record growth we're experiencing with the Ducati and BMW brands, Triumph as a manufacturer has clearly not kept pace with the market as a whole. We've spent the last 10 years heavily invested in the brand, and all it stands for. Given the current market and management climate, it is no longer financially viable for us to continue with the Triumph brand.

Before you pick up the phone to call and ask...yes, this was an extremely difficult decision for us to make. This allows Gulf Coast Motorcycles to pursue additional growth with new and exciting plans for the future.

What does this mean to you?

As of 11/21/14, we are not able to order parts of any kind directly from Triumph nor will we be able to perform any type of Warranty service for you. Servicing needs for your Triumph motorcycle that require warranty work, out of warranty diagnosis, damage repair, out of warranty running condition repair, etc, will need to be handled by the nearest authorized Triumph Dealer (Haps Cycle Sales in Sarasota, FL 941-365-3443 or Two Wheels World in Pompano Beach, FL 954-788-9550). With regards to future service needs of your Triumph motorcycle you currently own, we will still be able to perform light routine maintenance including tire and oil changes.

Until 12/5/2014, all in stock Triumph accessories/apparel/hard parts are being sold for 25% off. All transactions will be final and returns will not be accepted.

We hope you understand and share our optimism for the future. Thank you for your past patronage and we look forward to serving you in the future.

Regards,

Edward B. Gallo
Owner
Gulf Coast Motorcycles

Similar thing occurred here in Albany last year ..multi marque Dealership (HD ,Ducati, Polaris ... and some scooter brand ) parted company with Triumph. Dealership was taken over by a long time Triumph rider who has established a great Dealership here in town .. Triumph only by the way. Not always a bad thing.

Sad indeed...two dealers have gone out of business since i bought my Rocket in 2005. Both were close to home and they both were great people to deal with. The closest dealer near me now is 80 miles away an is a robber. They want $850.00 to change the front and rear tires and an extra $50.00 to clean and greese the splines. If the day comes if Triumph goes under i'll take the ole girl to Victorville and make sure she has a good home..;):D

Last edited:
This is a real shame. The Gallos are GREAT people and their shop was one of the best. I routinely rode the 140 miles from my home on Florida's east coast to their shop on the west coast in order to have my work done, despite the fact that there is another shop 10 miles from my house. Hell - I even bought my bike from them.

The local dealer has just purchased by shop from the prior owners, whom I considered friends. Now I'm going to have to go in there and get re-acquainted.

All-in-all - this news BLOWS!!!!!

the same thing happened with my local Triumph dealer, they were predominately Harley and Suzuki but had a good range of Triumph bikes and accessories. The guy told me there wasn't enough factory support and no margin in the product to promote it.

+1

The statement "Triumph as a manufacturer has clearly not kept pace with the market as a whole" is clearly BS, read the article attached.

in some makes and models they have but not as hole line.. in the adventure bike the have done very well and in the sport bike also.. and the true classic Bonneville spot on.. but in there cruisers bikes they really need to step up.. need a true tour full faring hard bags a trunk that you can take off and with ease .. all the bells and whistles ..they also made a really great tiger 1050 sport bike and when the up graded the motor they only made it for Europe.. big mistake ..

ED:cool:

Back