Last edited:
We can even buy 98 octane at one of big brand gas stations.

Another one not to far away sells leaded race gas 100+ octane.
Easiest is to go to your local airstrip and buy aviation fuel 100 octane. But I dont know if lead deposits would be an issue cause its not unleaded.
6.76 a gallon USD
Current pump price at my local airfield is about 2.52 Cad per liter which i think is about USD 6.75 a gallon
I should ship @Claviger a drum or two..;)

Last edited:
About the same then after adjusting for UK Imperial and US gallons unless talking aircraft fuel where the aviation world uses lbs/Kg of fuel I think for Jet A1 kero turbines not sure about gas powered bug smashers etc that may still use US Gallons.

An interesting read.
https://www.quora.com/Why-is-aviation-fuel-measured-in-pounds-or-kg-but-not-in-volumes
Also aircraft are rated for MTOW (ax take off weight)and the weight of fuel is added to the weight of passengers and cargo plus zero fuel wight to get the that MTOW

Easiest is to go to your local airstrip and buy aviation fuel 100 octane. But I dont know if lead deposits would be an issue cause its not unleaded.
6.76 a gallon USD
Current pump price at my local airfield is about 2.52 Cad per liter which i think is about USD 6.75 a gallon
I should ship @Claviger a drum or two..;)

I checked aviation fuel out here at
the smaller airports will not sell it to me. They told me it is illegal for them to sell it to street vehicles since it does not have road taxes added to the cost.

Back