Sneak Peek From RAA West...a lot more to come

and am now comfy pushing ALL the way to the edge of the tire (something I’ve never been comfy with on a sportbike before).
I think I see some virgin rubber still - Where's @Paul Bryant ?

A tiny word of warning about Ducati's - should you follow @sonny - Ducatis ime have a trait that whilst useful, is scary. They give NO wobbly pre-alert of letting go. One minute you are cranked over - the next you are sliding. I prefer a bit of snaking on the last 1/4".

Cool video, but where are the Rattle Snakes?

You can't see them because they blend in!!

whitesnake.jpg

Even on concrete!!!

bob

Looks like a great ride Rob. While I've heard of Rattlesnake Ridge, I'm not quite sure how to access it. I know it's somewhere near North Bend but looking on Google Maps I can't see any indication of where it leaves -90.

I'll take the Touring out when I return from Colorado. It won't be near as fast but I'll have fun on it. Hopefully you'll be standing by for when I have to call you from the bottom of a ravine.

A tiny word of warning about Ducati's - should you follow @sonny - Ducatis ime have a trait that whilst useful, is scary. They give NO wobbly pre-alert of letting go. One minute you are cranked over - the next you are sliding. I prefer a bit of snaking on the last 1/4".

Not going to Ducati, whilst the PV4 is amazing, the H2 SX SE is getting my money of the new model Rocket falls through.

The PV4S do not have that problem. Different suspension. The suspension and upgrades on the (S) model is pretty amazing.

The PV4S do not have that problem. Different suspension. The suspension and upgrades on the (S) model is pretty amazing.
Sonny - you misunderstand maybe. The issue was the suspension was always REALLY GOOD - even cranked right over - right up the point the rubber let go. The rubber has improved too over the years. It was part of the concept of Ducati - maybe still is.

One fear I have with advancements like traction control etc is that it deadens the sensory feedback - except the adeneline. So you push more - but with almost no warning feedback.
If you are an experienced (old) rider then you will have some muscle memory. But somebody who has never ridden without - is going to come unstuck.

Back