Smashville Part 3

Molinoman

Living Legend
Ride
2017 Polaris Slingshot
I skirted the quickest way (and hopefully the one with the least amount of police) back to the hotel (24W to 440W to 40W) as luck would have it, we spotted a police car, but he was busy with someone else and, luckily for us, didn't notice us. We arrived back at the hotel, Joseph borrowed Dave's helmet and him and I went to the "local" Walmart about 3/4's of a mile up the road (according to a local at the hotel...slightly inebriated) so we took the Rockets...it was more like two blocks, we could have walked. No helmets at that Walmart, but a guy working there said he saw some helmets in a Walmart in Dickson (30 miles away...) so after calling and verifying that his size in a helmet was there...off we went.

Unfortunately, for us, the girl who gave us directions had no clue where she was, much less the fastest way for us to get there (NOTE: On this trip we discovered that 98 percent of the people in Tennessee (Cadfather...hopefully excluded) have no clue where they are or how to get somewhere...big mystery here...also we found where most of the illegal aliens are living...they are in Tennesse). To make this long story shorter we spent about an hour longer than we needed to and didn't get back to the Taliban 8 till around 12:30 am...but we had a helmet and best of all Dave's didn't bouce off of Joseph's Rocket on the way back.
End of Part 3.
Dennis

Well, it does sound like a good time was had by all. I'm terribly sorry about the stolen helmet, that's the big reason I always carry mine in with me. Just can't make my wife understand she needs to do the same. Wish we could have made it, sounds like we missed a good time. BTW, I know where I'm at, I just don't know where I'm going.

Sorry to hear about the stolen helmet. This can happen anywhere in less than a moment. Let's all remember; any bar, at least the hundreds (don't want to exagrerate) I've been to, will gladly hold your lid while you patronize their place, exclude during Bike Week, et al patron explosions. Sort of a carry over from getting your hat checked:D Or for Jack, checking yer sheep skin or knee boots.

Or fasten the chin strap to something immovable. Time=witnesses.
Then there's the third option: A skid lid with sooo many disgusting quoteables that only the owner could love it.

Last edited:
glad you made it

Since I've been riding less than a year, on a Rocket since April, and on my first RAT ride this past weekend, I was thrilled that so many of you made it to Nashville.

I hope everyone had a good trip despite the aforementioned mishaps and misadventures.

I'm certainly psyched for a road trip to rides and rallies away from home.

Enjoyed the ride and glad you made it home safely.

steve

Druid....

Since I've been riding less than a year, on a Rocket since April, and on my first RAT ride this past weekend, I was thrilled that so many of you made it to Nashville.

I hope everyone had a good trip despite the aforementioned mishaps and misadventures.

I'm certainly psyched for a road trip to rides and rallies away from home.

Enjoyed the ride and glad you made it home safely.

steve

Druid:
That is a very apropos screen name. I liked your Tribal blue. I'm the fellow with the flags you were looking at that brings up the rear. Wherever the next R3AA takes place, you are more than welcome to join in as well as on the forum. Don't be a stranger.:)

Hey Druid, glad to have met you. I too liked the Blue Tribal paint scheme.

It wasn't until I read Flips comment about your Rocket that I recalled who you were.

Hope you enjoy the site & visit with us often.

On the trip home, there were a few miles along the route that Pianoman & I made haste and zipped past a "cluster" of vehicles at once on the old back roads we took. I got a little over zealous at one point at an intersection (I was trailing P-man) and as he slowed, I whacked the throttle, passing him and another vehicle at the "T" intersection where a second vehicle had turned off. As I went wizzing by the "other vehicle", I read the word "SHERIFF" on the side & my heart sank.

Let's see: Speeding, improper passing (no passing zone per highway paint stripes), careless driving, and who knows what else could have been thrown in there. Anyway, as I bought the Rocket back into the "proper" lane of traffic, I slowed (expecting to see the lights summoning me) and proceeded at the speed limit. Supprising to me (and to P-man) the officer simple followed me on for another handful of miles with P-man trailing him. We came to a small town after a time & I pulled over to get back in ranks behind P-man and as the officer passed, I gave him the most "Thanks So Much" wave I could muster. P-man was ready for a rest at that point so it was time for another stop.

**** Crazy Drivers on those bikes!!! Sorry for giving "us" a bad name by not driving respectably everyone. "My Bad" as they say these days (where ever the hell that evolved from).

See ya.

Flip, from my persective, very apropos as well: still ugly:D no pictures needed, I wouldn't fib.

Steve, glad to hear from you. I too like the Tribal Blue. I was curious, should have asked then, how did you happen to join up at Castle PS?

Back