Hillbilly

.020 Over
Ride
07 rocket three
Hi gents after sorting out my electrical issues and putting a Ramair filter system on my bike I’m noticing the clutch slipping occasionally. I see EBC and Barnett seems to be positives and negatives for both, regarding spring compression,plate thickness,just after some thoughts to help me make a decision. Also while I’ve got your attention I see a lot on tuning should I get my bike retuned as I’ve got the cat converter with no guts in it and what are supposed to be a sports muffler from triumph.

It seems most people like the EBC fibers. Personally I'd use the springs from Carpenter with it. They have a strong compression rate.

As far as tuning, does your bike surge at steady speed, or have decel popping? If not, then you probably aren't too lean. Of course stock they are a bit lean, but not enough to cause problems. If you only changed the intake and not the exhaust too, you should be good with just a 12 minute tune.

Thanks there steel it has the occasional decal popping but not all the time

Hi gents after sorting out my electrical issues and putting a Ramair filter system on my bike I’m noticing the clutch slipping occasionally. I see EBC and Barnett seems to be positives and negatives for both, regarding spring compression,plate thickness,just after some thoughts to help me make a decision. Also while I’ve got your attention I see a lot on tuning should I get my bike retuned as I’ve got the cat converter with no guts in it and what are supposed to be a sports muffler from triumph.

Hi Hillbilly

Find my old post on clutch issues we tested the clutch springs when I was rebuilding and MTC springs were weaker than the stock from memory. Their plates are good though as is the reinforced basket. The test had new stock, MTC, Barnett and a locally built spring I had made.

Try adjustment first though as getting this wrong can cause all sorts of hassles.

My bikes an 05 and we upgraded most of the parts to the Roadster, this had a better main plate and actuator rod arrangment IMO than the original earlier one. Certainly works better.

On tuning if youve got empty cat, tors and Ramair should probably drop in a slightly richer tune as the bikes run quite lean from factory.

Thanks sleeves I’ll have a look at the adjustment as when I got new tyres on it they said they adjusted the slack in the cable I’ll back it off a bit and see what happens

Back